Chapter- 27 The Reality

Unedited

Unedited

Nishtha's Pov

It had been a month since Paras was in coma. My hand was healing slowly. I had shifted to Anvita's house because I was not healthy enough to live alone. I didn't want to stay at my parents' house because of obvious reasons. I didn't even want to stay at my in-laws' house because I knew that I wouldn't be able to bear the guilt.

As usual, I had gone to the hospital at 2 p.m. to check on Paras. There was no progress, but his health wasn't deteriorating either. Suddenly a tear slipped down my eye.

I had been trying to remember things since the past month. I had gone through all of our chats and had seen every single picture we had together. 

I had started to remember things, but just a few of them. Like when I once went to our room, I looked around and remembered that we both had decorated it together. And it was a wonderful day. 

I sat by him and caressed his forehead.

"Please wake up... I need you..." I said and pecked his lips. But he obviously didn't respond. I left the room. As I stepped out of the room, I saw my brother standing there. He waved at me and I waved back.

I walked towards him.

"So... how are you little sister?" He asked.

"Well I'm recovering... physically..." I said looking at the floor. He sighed. Then we went and sat on a bench in the hospital park.

"You know bhai... I always wanted to be a songwriter. But I agreed to take the responsibility of our company because I didn't want dad's hard work to get wasted." I said looking into nowhere.

"I know Nishu... I refused to handle the company because I couldn't live on his terms and conditions. He has always been a rude man. And I never really talked to him. All I wanted to do was run away, and I did. I was a coward, I ran away from him. But you stayed, you were both brave and stupid." He said and chuckled and I looked at him.

I chuckled too.

"Now I wouldn't even ask you the reason why you called me stupid. I know it very well. All my hard work went in vain." I said.

"Do you want to know the reason why he didn't hand over the company to you?" He asked and I looked at him with surprise in my eyes. He knew the reason. I just nodded.

"He is a man having a very orthodox mentality. He didn't ever want a girl child. Anyways, all he cares about is money." He said and gave a mocking chuckle. 

"When I was a very little kid, you weren't even born then, mom and dad used to fight daily. Dad had no time for her. Then one day, she got pregnant. She didn't want another child. She didn't want to go through the pain of delivery again." He paused after saying this.

"Please continue Bhai, I'm prepared for the worst." I told him without meeting his gaze.

"She tried to abort you several times but dad stopped her every time. He then finally locked her in a room to prevent her from trying to harm you. The delivery day came finally. We all were sitting in the hospital. Dad told me that I was going to get a baby brother. He never wanted a girl." He told me with teary eyes.