Unemployed

.:: Arryanna ::.

Shine bright like a diamond…

 I jumped up out of my bed, nearly tripping over a pile of dirty clothes. It was just my phone ringing. I picked it up off  my night table, and plopped back on my bed.

Me; Hello?

Erica; What took you so long to answer?

Me; I was sleep

Erica; It’s two o’clock in the afternoon, why are you just waking up?

Me; I don’t know, waking up early isn’t my thing.

Erica; And you wonder why you don’t have a job.

Me; Oh shit! I’m late for work! hangs up

I tossed my phone on the bed, and jumped over the pile of dirty clothes. I took a quick shower, and got dressed. I grabbed my bag and ran down the stairs. I was stopped by the landlord Phillip, I didn’t have the time for him right now.

Me; What do you want, Phil?

Phil; My money. Your rent is a month late.

Me; I know, my boss didn’t give me all my money in my pay check.

Phil; I don’t care, have my money by next month or you’re out of here.

I rolled my eyes. I ran out the door, and down the street. The Broad Street walk signal was on, I knew I had to run even faster, that light changes fast as hell. My foot hit the street, and the timer started to count down. I pushed my bag higher on my shoulder, and ran across the street. I entered the Dior store, and clocked in. I put on my name tag, and made my way to the bracelet section to help customers. My boss, Kate walked over to me, I tried to smile and look innocent.

Me; Hey there, Kate.

Kate; frowns What time did you get to work today, Arryanna?

Me; You know regular time.

Kate; Oh really, how many customers did you help?

Me; Um... about seven.

Kate; There was a jewelry rush this morning. You must have been sleeping on the job, if you only helped seven people.

Me; Fine, I was late... Again

Kate; I know, and you’re fired.

Me; Great, just great.

I walked out of the store, and down the street to get some breakfast. I pulled my phone out my bag and dialed Erica’s number. 

Me; Hey, can you meet at Red Cafe?

Erica; Sure what happened?

Me; Kate fired me.

Erica; Alright, I’ll be there.

I hung up the phone and walked into the cafe. Great, now I’m unemployed. I need a job fast before I become homeless to.