23. Away

"So how was that afternoon with your friends?" Namjoon asks.

He and Jin are driving to the carnival, they want to have some fun tonight. However they are currently stuck in the traffic. Great way to start a date. But hey, at least they have each other.

"It was okay... Tae just needed some advice he looked so lost- hey are you even listening?"

"Honestly, no. I was just staring. You look perfect tonight." The younger admits.

"I know sweetie. You look delicious though..." Jin says as he caresses Namjoon cheek.

The latter blushes madly.

"O-oh you think so? Haha..." He laughs shyly.

"Are you getting shy?" The hyung asks in disbelief.

"N-no shut up. Anyway let's just turn the music on."

"Aaaaaaawww he's getting shyyyyyy!"

"Uuuuuugh shut upppp !!!!"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Okay so... I'm calling." Jimin announces nervously.

Yoongi and Lei are just next to him, waiting anxiously. The device rings several times before a voice can finally be heard. Jimin feels like it's been a eternity since he's heard that voice.

"Annyeong! This is Jeon Jungkook. I am not available for the moment but feel free to leave a message. I'll call you back as soon as possible."

Beeeep.

"What do I do ?" Jimin whispers in panic.

"Oh just fucking dance macarena. Seriously leave a damn message you genius." Yoongi clicks his tongue in impatience.

"U-uuh... Hey it's Jimin. Call me... When you can. S-so we... So we can talk? Yeah I'll leave you alone now. Bye." He hangs up and sighs.

Lei and Yoongi applaud him for his efforts.

"It was awkward as fuck but congrats." Lei says.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Jungkook is packing his belongings as he was told to. He still hasn't stopped crying. The pain in his heart is just too much to handle. He lets his sobs break free, not even trying to simmer down as he would usually do. He feels like shit emotionally and physically once again. He really wants to throw up right now but he is not in his house anymore. So he'll do that somewhere else. After some time, everything is packed. Jungkook decides to reserve a hotel room. The hotel's crappy but he can't really afford more, for now at least.

He takes his suitcases downstairs and puts his jacket on. Taehyung has been in Nayeon's bedroom all along waiting for her to wake up and making sure she is alright. However, when he hears footsteps outside the room, he walks out to see Jungkook. The younger spots him too.

"Taehyung, please-"

"Nothing's going to make me change my mind Jungkook." He answers firmly although he wants to cry too.

But no. He has to be strong for his children.

Jungkook just nods sadly and walks out, through the front door, with difficulty. His sad eyes resemble those of a puppy on the brink of death.

Taehyung ignores that as he looks at Jungkook getting out of his life with a straight face and crossed arms. He ignores the heartbreaking sobs too. He can't give in now. What occured is not okay and it'll never be.

"I love you..." Jungkook manages to say one last time despite his major voice crack.

He then leaves the Kims' house for good.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Damn Joon I don't even know how it escalated that quick." Jin pants as he looks at Namjoon.

"I- Honestly I wasn't prepared either..." The younger looks at Seokjin with a wild blush.

"I mean I was my first time riding that sort of engine..." He adds.

Seokjin smirks and chuckles.

"It was your first time riding a rollercoaster? No wonder you puked your guts out, how cuuute!" The older pinches Namjoon's cheeks.

"Will you stop being so damn adorable Joonie huh??"

"I just fucking puked how am I even anything near adorable, huh?" The younger whines.

"Oh everything you do is cute anyway. Come on! Let's go to this rollerc-"

"Fuck no. Bye it was nice knowing you." Namjoon says quickly.

Suddenly, his phone vibrates. He fishes it out of his pocket and proceeds to read the notification. He got a message.

"Who could it be?" He asks himself.

Unregistered number

Hello Namjoon. It's me. Your mom. I know you don't want to hear from me. But I can't stand not being around you and not seeing you grow. I know you are mad at me for what happened years ago but I just want to be close to you. Also I have something to announce you. Just to let you know, I'll be in Seoul tomorrow... Naya café at 2PM. I'll wait for you. If you don't show up I understand. Please just give it a thought at least and know that I love you, my son.

Mommy.

Namjoon freezes. Just as he is about to delete the message Seokjin peeks at the phone.

"Oh? Who's that?" He asks as he takes Namjoon's phone to read the text.

"Oh wow. Privacy? Never heard of that." The younger says, dumbfounded.

"That's cute. Why were you about to delete it?" The older asks with confusion.

"Long story..." Namjoon sighs.

"The night is still young and we have it all... Come on let's go home and pillow talk."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

As he walks around in the city to reach the hotel, Jungkook is still sobbing. He puked a couple time in some corners in the streets.

"Hey cutie... wanna have fun?" A male voice croaks.

He just ignores them. Now he knows he should've called a taxi. Being thrifty comes with a price.

"Come on kitten. I know you want us to hit it from the back. What do you think guys, don't he look slutty?" The man says getting a couples of 'yeah's from some other guys behind him.

Jungkook walks faster and gets ready to type 119 in case they don't leave him the fuck alone.

He yelps when he feels a hand abruptly hold his shoulder. Just as he is about to press the 'call' button, his phone is snatched off his grasp and thrown very far away.

"Awww so you were tryna call the cops huh? Don't y'all think this deserves a punishment for being a bad boy guys?"

"Yeah it does."

Soon, Jungkook gets circled. He looks around him and tries to think of a solution quickly without letting fear take over him. He waits until one of them gets close enough to him then he loses no time and shoots his crotch with so much violence that it causes the guy to yell and fall down.

Jungkook takes the opportunity to run for his life before he gets caught.

"CATCH THIS MOTHERFUCKER!!!"

Let's say Jungkook never ran so fast in his whole life.