RAY- CRUSH <3

CHAPTER 1: RAY- CRUSH <3

      We were never meant to be together. He was up there and I was down here. How can he- the most perfect guy in school-notice this four-eyed, non-talented, ugly and braced girl?

      Freshman year. That's when all of THIS started. Ever felt your heart skip a beat at first sight? Well, that's how mine went when I 'accidentally' crashed into him one day (it was actually on the 3rd day of classes).

     I was on my way to the library, eager to borrow more books to read and of course, to return those books that I've borrowed since last week. As I approached the library, I felt it. That sudden ping in my gut. Because standing 5 feet away from me, was the man of my dreams- Steven Chase. He was laughing with his basketball buddies- Travis and Andrew. I couldn't help but smile because seeing him smile, even just one time for one day really meant a  lot to me.

     I was there, on cloud nine, imagining myself with this guy laughing endlessly... Then suddenly, my happiness was cut short, as my books went flying, with me falling to the ground. I didn't realize that my glasses fell on the floor at that instant, although I couldn't see anything clearly. Suddenly, I felt hands, two of them, reaching my face. Then, those hands just put on my glasses on my face PERFECTLY.

   As the glasses came into position, I could see him. The guy who picked them up and put them on me,on my eyes. It was him! Steven! The guy of my dreams.

   "Are you okay?" he asked with a worried tone in his voice. At that moment, I felt butterflies in my stomach. For the first time! HE talked to ME!

    "Ray? Ray?" he said, shaking me.

    "Oh! Uhh," I said, finally able to overcome the ping in my gut. "Yeah. I-I'm fine," I said.

    He stood up and offered me his hand. I took it. His hands felt so warm and caring, he carefully pulled me up. and as soon as I got up on my feet, he immediately let go of my hand and said, "Uhh, here are your books Ray. Sorry for earlier. I'll just apologize for Charlie. You know how he is."

    What?! Charlie?! I absolutely hat that guy. But I couldn't tell Steven that. I'd hurt his feelings 'cause you know, him and Charlie are very, very, very close friends. They even treat each other as siblings.

    "OHH. Yeah. It's alright. Don't worry about it," I finally said. 

    "Yeah? Well, we've got to go, I'll see you in class then,"

    "OH, yeah, sure." I said. He walked past my shoulder and just continued laughing with his buddies. I walked to the library.