Chapter 1

James' Point Of View.

"You're not ready yet?" My dad asked me as he walked in my room. I looked up at him and groaned. "And put some underwear on for gods sake." I looked down.

I pulled my cover back over myself and smiled at his disgust. "It's to early."

"You get up around this time to go to school." He complains.

"Who said?" I asked him putting the cover around me as I got up. "Is there a reason why your coming in my room other than bother me about going to church."

"I came to see if you're ready. You didn't go last time. You need the good lord to guide you on the right path." He told me. I sighed at his faith.

"Are you seriously talking about the fight that happened Thursday?" I asked him. I was currently putting on my black pants and he was turned around so I could do so. I then put on a black button up and a red tie. I put on my black and white vans and walked out with him.

"Not just the fight, skipping school, horrible grades, and the other night I caught you sitting at in the park at 2am drunk." He complained to me as he sat on the porch and slid his fancy shoes on.

"Are you seriously wearing that to church?" My mom asked looking at my clothes.

"Yeah." I smiled at her. She gave me a dirty look before taking a sip of her coffee. I watched as my parents both started complaining about me.

"Hey big bro." My sister said coming downstairs in her white dress, her hair up in two braids, one on each side of her head.

"Hey Kara." I smiled as she kissed my cheek.

"So, who is ready for church." She asked, grabbing a blueberry muffin that her and mom made yesterday.

"Yay! I'm so excited to learn about the good lord, oh I love him so!" I said sarcastically. My dad smacked me.

"You do not speak about the lord that way." He said. The whole room fell silent as I looked my dad in the eyes. He pointed his finger at me. "You learn some manners, and respect for the lord."

I wasn't shocked he would slap me over something so simple. Sometimes I think these people are way to Christian. I looked at my dad and smiled. "I'm so sorry daddy! I won't do it again." Kara gave me a look before pushing me outside.

"Why do you constantly do things like this? Do you want to have dad send you off to some military school?" She asked. He has been threatening that to me ever since I got in my first fight in middle school. I don't think he'd ever actually do it.

I walked to my truck and looked at my sister. "Riding with me or mom and dad?" I asked her.

"I'm going to ride with them." She smiled motioning to my parents as they walked out to their car and Kara got in. I got in my truck and followed them. After about 5 minutes we were there, my mom handing me a bible as Everyone settled down. Isaac Gibson, the preacher, smiled as he looked at everyone. He started his preaching, the topic I hated the most. Homophobia.

I tuned the preacher out and focused on a dirty blonde with glasses, his green eyes focused on every word his dad said. Michael, an old friend of mine. He is better then me in every way.

I don't think he has ever gotten a grade lower than a B. He hasn't ever done anything bad. He does everything he is asked, he is basically just the perfect son anyone could ask for.

Me on the other hand, I can't even remember the last time I got an A on anything. I've spent at least 30 days in jail before. I've been caught smoking cigarettes, drinking, and even smoking weed. I've gotten a few tattoos without getting my parents permission. There is a lot of bad stuff to say about me and people do talk. I've heard some say that I might not make it past 20.

According to them, I have two more years left. Why not have fun.

I have natural black hair but my dad made me buzz it off because I had 'disrespected him to many times' and he wanted to teach me a lesson. It didn't exactly work the way he wanted it to. It's slowly growing back.

I don't know what happened but by the time I was done thinking the service was over. I got up and noticed my dad talking with the preacher. For once in a long time I decided to talk to Michael.

I walked up to him and he smiled. "Hey stranger."

"Hey." I smiled at him. He is so friendly, even though his dad doesn't want him to have nothing to do with me. We used to be friends, until his dad told him to stop talking to me. I hated I him for a long time, I didn't have anyone. I was only ten when he stopped talking to me. I didn't like talking to anyone other than him.

He was my only friend and I didn't want to make anymore, and I haven't.

"I was wondering if you could drop me off at the diner, my parents have some business to take care of here at the church and I need to get to work." He explained.

"You don't have to explain it, I'll take you. I have to go to work anyway." I said. "It's on the way."

"You still work at the garage?" He asked me.

"Yep." I nodded as we walked to my truck. I felt a hand on my shoulder, stopping me. I turned around, the priest was standing there.

"Here is some gas money, just to make sure you don't owe him." He smiled handing me a 20.

"Dad-" Michael started.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"I just don't want my son to have a debt." He said patting his sons back. "It wasn't supposed to offend you."

I rolled my eyes and got in my old truck, Michael hopping in beside me. I started the engine up without a word. "I'm sorry, my dad can be.. rude."

"It's fine, I'm used to it, when you're the problematic child, you get used to it." I smiled at him as we drove. I pulled over and took my pants off, bold I know, and I slid on the bottom of the suit. I hopped back in my truck and quickly unbuttoned my black shirt and took it off, sliding an old white tank top I have in my truck on and then starting it again.

"You just got almost fully naked in public." Michael stated.

"Whoa, good observation." I said sarcastically as I continued to drive.

"I mean, why didn't you wait and change in a bathroom or something?" He asked.

"I didn't feel like it."

"That's nice, how would you feel if I changed right in front of you?" He asked.

"I would like to see that." I flirted. I didn't really think about it until I said it. This guy is probably as straight as A board and I am not even out to anyone yet. I'd probably be disowned if I just came out and told everyone I am gay.

I looked at him and he seemed quite flustered. He didn't know how to take my last comment. He just stayed quiet. The rest of the ride was silent.

When we pulled into the diners parking lot he got out, said thank you, and left.

Now I know where he works. Fun.

It is June 14th 2020 when I'm writing this Happy Pride Month.