Unlikely Acquaintances- Sirius Black

*TRIGGER WARNING Mentions: Abuse, abandonment, anxiety attacks, and emotional trauma
Y/n woke up on a stormy Monday morning and she thought "What a great day to start off my week, my least favorite weather. The rain makes it hard to focus what with her anxiety," she shudders at her own thought. "I should start getting ready for my classes for today," Y/n thought.
———————————————————————————
Flashback while Y/n is getting ready
Y/n wakes up overly excited because today is her birthday. Her seventh one to be exact. Y/n rushes downstairs to see a sight that will scar her for the rest of her life. Her father with suitcases in his hands walking out the door.
"D-d-daddy, wh-where are y-you going?," Y/n stutters out nervously ringing her hands.
"I have to go on a work trip and if you don't see me in a few weeks just know none of this was your fault. Have a good day Y/n," Y/n's dad states. As soon as those words left her dad's mouth he walks out the door. Her mom comes from her perch at the top of the stairs and just hugs her whispering soothing words into her ear.
"D-did I do s-s-something wrong Mommy," Y/n stutters out.
"No sweetheart you did nothing wrong at all. Please remember that. Now let's go eat cake and celebrate your birthday," states Y'n's mother.
Time skip to when she is getting ready for bed
Y/n was getting ready for bed when out of nowhere the walls stated closing in, Y/n's breath began to become quick, shallow, and fast, and her palms got very sweaty. Tears came pouring out of her eyes and she started violently shaking. It was over in fifteen minutes but it felt like an eternity."What was that," Y/n thought.
"Sweetie you just had your first anxiety attack. And I don't like telling you this but there will be plenty more to come," Y/n's mother states softly.
End of flashback
———————————————————————————
"What a great way to start off a Monday. My least favorite weather, a traumatizing flashback and I just found out that I share all my classes with my least favorite person, in the universe, Sirius Black," Y/n thinks. She starts her trek off to the Great Hall for breakfast for her second day of school this year. She joins her friends at the Gryffindor table not before giving a quick glare to her sworn enemy, Sirius Black.
"Three years and he's still an arrogant prick," Y/n states. Her friends share a glance at each other knowing exactly who she's talking about.
"He's not that bad Y/n. He just needs to grow on you," Marlene quickly states defending her crush since first year.
"He's not that bad to you because you have a crush on him Marls," Mary states.
"Guys we're going to be late to class on our second day of fourth year, if we don't get a move on." Everyone gets up at that comment not wanting to be late either. Marlene shares a flirty glance with Sirius.
———————————————————————————
Time skip to 9:00 at night
Y/n nervously makes her way down the stairs not expecting to see someone throwing a letter into the fire. She especially did not expect it to be Sirius Black.
"What are you doing throwing a letter in to the fire? I thought your life was perfect. After all you are The Sirius Black. A marauder, a guy who can get any girl he wants, quidditch star, and you have the best friends on the planet. So what is wrong, because there obviously is something," Y/n questioned with a hint of sympathy in her voice.
"Well I could ask you the same thing. You have great friends, you're one of the smartest girls in the year, and you're stunningly gorgeous," Sirius fires back.
"Stop trying to distract me with your flirty playboy ways," Y/n says.
"Sorry, my mistake for trying to flatter you," Sirius states sarcastically.
"I'm not joking what is the problem with you. There is obviously something wrong. Here how about this, I tell you what's bothering me and you tell me what's bothering you. Deal?," Y/n questions.
"Why do you care? I thought you hated me," Sirius asks.
"I do hate you, don't get me wrong. But we are both Gryffindors and we stick together. No matter how painful it is to go through," Y/n states. "I'll go first. I came down here so I can have my anxiety attack in peace. Today is a very triggering day for me since seven years ago, my father left me on my seventh birthday. I've had anxiety attacks ever since because all I think about is how in some way it has to be my fault. I didn't expect anyone to be down here. I think to myself everyday that I have to try my very best and even then it won't be good enough. I don't want anyone else to leave me like my dad did. Alright your turn," Y/n states sadly.
"Ok first of all, that was soooo traumatizing. Second of all here is my story. My parents have always hated me because of my fascination in muggles. I never saw the importance of blood difference. I mean we're all human over here. When I was eight they started showing their hatred physically. When I got into first year and I was sorted into Gryffindor instead of Slytherin the abuse started getting worse. I got my first howler on the second day of the school year. Every time I went home they would beat me. This summer they used the cruciatus curse on me. This letter I just got stated that if I went home they wouldn't think twice about using the killing curse. I'm staying with Jame and his family over the breaks," Sirius stated, tears brimming his eyes.
"Sirius, I am so sorry I didn't know," Y/n stated sadly.
"It's fine, I don't really open up to people that much," Sirius said drying his tears. "Let's make a deal. I will come to you anytime I get a letter or am threatened by my family and you come to me anytime you have an anxiety attack. Sound good?," Sirius asks.
"Y-yeah," Y/n stutters.
"How do you feel about hot cocoa," Sirius questions.
"W-what," Y/n questions.
"Come on," Sirius states confidently with a smirk on his face. "Let's make a trip down to the kitchens and who knows maybe they'll have a birthday cake for a special birthday girl." Sirius smirks at that comment.
"L-let's go," Y/n states.
And that was how Y/n L/n and Sirius Black became unlikely acquaintances.