Catchy Tunes

Ever since Byleth had heard him sing that one fateful night, she couldn't get his melodic voice out of her head.

It echoed within her mind on the drive home, while she was getting ready for bed, and while she tried to sleep. Eventually, after laying restlessly underneath her covers, she turned to her phone. It was four in the morning, and she wasn't even sure if he'd be awake, but...it was worth a shot. Byleth stared at her phone's bright screen with squinted eyes before typing.

Claude, are you awake?

Byleth placed her phone on the nightstand as she stared up at her ceiling. Come on. Please still be awake... To her disappointment, he didn't respond. Byleth shut her eyes, but her mind was still wide awake as his voice echoed through her mind in a continuous loop.

Music had never followed her so strongly.

It wasn't just his voice; it was the strumming of his guitar and the image of his passionate expression that accompanied his tone. She was practically high on that thought; his music was so intoxicating, so addicting-

Yeah, Byleth definitely had an addiction, and it had nothing to do with drugs or alcohol.

Her phone buzzed, and Byleth eagerly turned back to her phone. The screen was bright with a notification, and Byleth looked to see a message from the one and only Claude.

yea i couldn't sleep . . . i usually fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow so this is new for me

Byleth chuckled softly to herself. She forgot that he originally hadn't been used to staying up so late, and now was no different. She envied his ability to sleep so easily...there was usually so much on her mind that it took forever for her to sleep.

Right. Well, I can't sleep either...your voice is stuck inside of my head.

His reply was instantaneous.

geez teach i'm so sorry i told you that my singing was terrible

Byleth shook her head. He had completely missed the point of what she'd been trying to say. She quickly began to type out reassurance.

No, Claude. I meant that it was so good that I can't forget it. My mind keeps running because it's never heard anyone sing so graciously.

It took awhile for him to respond, but Byleth could wait patiently. After all, he wasn't one to just leave the conversation hanging.

o ... stop teach u don't have to load on false praise

Claude, don't sell yourself short. What I'm trying to tell you here is that I want to hear you sing again. Are you on Youtube or something?

wait ur serious

Well, Byleth wasn't going to sleep anytime soon anyway, might as well reassure him. She switched her lamp on, sitting up in her bed as she continued to text him.

When have I ever not been serious?

o . . . wow but i'm not on anything like that

You definitely should be! Why aren't you?

His response was delayed, and Byleth had a feeling he was taking a moment to type out something long. She hoped she hadn't triggered him...four in the morning really wasn't a good time for an argument.

well . . . i've been scared bout all this i mean i told u i don't even tell my friends ! putting my voice where anyone can access it . . . everyone will know.

Claude, I think this is actually an amazing opportunity for you! You need more exposure. If you want to make a career out of this, we need as many people to hear your voice as possible. Then you could get scouted! This is the best way to prove your father wrong! I know you can make a good living off of this.

you think..?

I KNOW that. The crowd loves you, and I'm sure everyone else would, too. You'll go viral!

that would ... b pretty nice although the fame is just a nice side bonus ... ok teach ur right i'll record something tmrw !

Tomorrow? Damn. That meant Byleth would still
be stuck without his voice in her ears. Ugh, why was she so addicted to him?

and i'm gonna head to sleep now . . . but here's a lil somethin from me to u

video.file

gn, teach

Good night, Claude.

Byleth clicked on the video, revealing a video of him sitting on his golden sheeted bed with his guitar. He began to sing softly while strumming his guitar, and Byleth smiled. She put her phone down next to her, turning the light off.

She fell asleep to the sound of his voice quietly singing to her.