1

I walked out into the front yard to help dad with some work when Dylan,my little sister, came running out with cupcakes for us. "Willow! Willow! Wook what mommy made for us!" She screeched. Dylan just turned 5 two weeks ago and still has that adorable babyish accent. Where she is mispronouncing words and has a playful tone all the time. "That's cool Dyl, but I have to help daddy right now. Ok? Why don't you go play with walker (our pit bull)?" I told her. She nodded her head fiercely before running off to play with the puppy.

"Hey, little tree!" My dad said when I walked up to him. He calls me his "little tree" because of the weeping willow that I was named after and also is near my aunts grave. My aunt was the sweetest person I had ever heard of and I don't think she ever had a mean bone in her body. I never got to meet her but mom and dad told me plenty of stories when I was little. Her name was Primrose, but everyone called her Prim. Back to reality...... I started picking flowers to go along with the dinner that my mom and dad were planning to tell us some big news at, and they hardly ever had news. I looked at the time and was totally surprised. 2:30!! And I have baseball practice at 2:45! "Oh my gosh! Dad, I have practice in 15 minutes!!" I ran into the house and bolted up to my bedroom. Aww how sweet, my uniform was already laid out in the bed. I quickly stripped of my clothes and changed into the long striped pants and shirt. I threw on my cleats and kissed my mom bye before running out to the car my dad was in.

When we got to the field, I ran up to Cameron, my best friend and started warming up my hiring with her. We're the only two girls on our baseball team because we showed the coach that girls can play baseball too! I looked over to the veils and saw a new kid walking to the dugout. "Who's he?" I asked Cam. "Oh, that's the new member of our team. He just moved here from 6 and wanted to join the team. Coach "interviewed" him and said he's good to play." She responded. I put the bat on the ground and walked over to the field where they were starting the "warm up" game. Coach Finnick had to leave so we're playing on our own. Cam walked to her spot at shortstop while I waked to the pitchers mound. I can tell that the new kid had gotten along with the jerks of the team, Kyle, Dominic, and Jordan, because he started acting like a brat when I walked to the mound. "Why is a girl pitching?! Everyone knows girls can't play baseball!" He yelled to the guys. "Come on Willow!! Strike em out!" Cam called from behind me. I got in my stance and threw the ball at the catchers glove, hoping for a strike, but got a ball instead. "Ha! Told ya girls can't pitch!" Newbie yelled. "Actually, smart ass (mind my language) you said girls can't play baseball. Now, I suggest you back your little mouth up or that won't be In Your hands swingin' at the ball. It'll be in mine swinging at your head" I yelled back. He slowly shook his head and put his bat up by his shoulder. I threw it 3 more times and got all balls, which meant, here comes the bragging. "Hahaha! Why do we let her pitch. Why not let me pitch!!" He yelled once again. "Hey, Willow. Why don't you sit out and let Ethan pitch." Someone yelled. Newb- er, Ethan snickered while j stormed off the field. I sat in the bench and watched him strike out one player before I packed my stuff up and left.

Hey guys so there's the first chapter! If ya like it, give it a star and keep a heads up for the next chapter. Byeeee. -Danica.