Chapter Two

"How do you think he killed her?" Julia asked as she looked out her friends window.

"I'd say she was strangled to death, due to the bruises which are appearing all around her neck." She shuddered and turned around, folding her arms across her chest. He looked at her sympatheticly as she looked at her friends body.

"I cant believe she's gone." She closed her eyes, and when she opened them hot tears were rolling down her cheeks. "And I didnt even get to say goodbye."

"Hey!" She flinched at his anger. "You didnt know this was going to happen okay? So stop bringing yourself down, because I cant lose you to this. So please pull yourself together." She stared at him, dumbfounded by what he'd just said. Wow so he really does care about me...

"Yes I know. Im sorry." She whispered, as Tom came closer towards her.

"You worry me, you know." He smiled sadly and took her hand in his.

"Im sorry if i do." He chuckled hoarsly.

"You dont need to be sorry." He smiled at her. "I just hate that you do worry me." She frowned up at him.

"Why do you hate worrying about me?"

"I dont actually know. I guess its because when your upset...like you are now, you might do something really stupid. Thats what worries me, and I hate that it does." He squeezed her hand, and then pressed his forehead against hers.

"I hate worrying you." She whispered. Her heart was beating so hard, that she wasnt surprised if Tom could hear it. Without thinking, she placed her hands on his chest.

"What are you doing?" He whispered. Cheeks flushing at her touch.

"What I should have done a long time ago." She replied as her lips brushed his. Dont pull away. Please pull... He moved closer and their lips touched for the first time ever. His hands tightened as they found her hips, and her hands found the back of his neck, and pulled him closer. When he pulled back, they were both breathing hard.

"You definatly should have done that a long time ago." She frowned.

"I should've? What about you. Why didnt you do it ages ago."

"I didint think you felt the same way." Oh. Well now I just feel stupid.

"Oh. Well now you know I do." He smiled. "But wait. You had feelings for me ages ago?" He nodded.

"Why didnt you tell me then?" Tom frowned.

"Because, as I have already said...I didnt think you felt the same way."

"Oh yeah. Sorry." He chuckled.

"Its fine." She smiled up at him, and he smiled back.

"So whats happening now?"

"With us? Well we just made out, so i guess we go--" She cut him off.

"Not with us. Although yeah we do go out now." He grinned, and pulled her in for another kiss. She hated to do so, but with all her will power she pushed him away.

"Hey I thought you wanted to." She saw the hurt in his eyes, and it just killed her inside.

"I do Tom, I really do, its just that we are kinda in the same room as the dead girl."

"Oh." Haha his time to look stupid. I have to say it looks cute... "Well I have everything we need, so we can leave and go to my place. To you know...get Jessica's death out your head, so you wont be depressed...and I wont have to worry." She smiled then nodded. "Well then lets go." He took her hand and was about to leave when she skidded to a halt. "Whats wrong?" He frowned at her.

"I just want to do something first. Before we go." Tom looked like he might protest, but in the end he nodded and let go of her hand. She closed her eyes and walked over to the bed where Jessica's lifeless body lay. "I know i didnt get to sat goodbye to you before...well before this happened." She closed her eyes, and when she opened them, hot tears were beggining to fall down her cheeks. "So I guess what im trying to say is goodbye, and that I love you. Not just in a best friends way but in a sisters way too." She smiled and kissed her forehead. "You'll always be with me. Wherever I may go." She stood up and walked into Tom's embrace. "Lets go home." Oh crap. I said home. "I mean lets go to your house." She finished quickly.

"Ha ha." He chuckled. "Yeah lets go to mine." He smiled then kissed the top of her head. "Lets go." He walked out the apartment, with Julia following maybe a bit too close behind. Everythings perfect. Just perfect. She smiled as she walked along the path, with Tom at her side. For now she hoped that everything would just stay like this. With her and Tom holding hands. It seemed as though nothing could ruin this, but she sadly thought wrong. As her and Tom turned a corner, he muttered something under his breath.

"What's wrong?" She asked, gripping Tom's hand tighter, as the sound of drunken loughter echoed from wall to wall.

"Bad neighbour hood." He whispered. "Keep your head down and walk as fast as you can." She nodded and they both picked up the pace. "I have to walk through here almost three times a week. In the end, I end up running." Her eyes widened in terror. "No dont be scared Julia." He said coming to a halt and looking at her. "Everythings going to be alright." Shit no it's not...

"Tom...b-b-behind you!" She stuttered. Yet surprised she was able to yell. Tom suddenly whirled round and took a blow to the head. Her shriek echoed throughout, causing the nearby birds to chirp then fly away in fright.

"Dont. Whoever you are dont." She was terrified now, and trembling all over. "Please do--" He cut her off.

"Oh shut your fucking mouth." He spat as he reached out and grabbed Julia by her throat. "Now do as I say, or i'll break your neck and kill your boyfriend." She closed her eyes in pain. "So...you gonna do what I say?"

"Yes..." She managed to say, gasping for breath.

"Okay then." He smiled and let go off her. She was going to retaliate and try to hit him, but a blow from behind made her stumble and fall, face first onto the hard and cold floor.