The Southern Air Temple

Days later after we left the village, we stopped at a beautiful small island to get some rest. Our main destination is the northern water time in the North Pole, but Aang wants to go see the southern air temples where he use to live. It was early in the morning and Aang, Katara and I were up and ready while Sokka refuses to wake up. I was walking along the water line and started looking at my reflection. "You're not apart of the water tribe. I can tell just by look at you. Amber eyes, pale skin." Zuko's works rang in my ears. I don't belong in these water tribe clothing. I look like a Fraud. An outcast. Trying to be someone I'm not.

"Wait till you see it, Katara." I turn my attention to aang and Katara. "The air temple is one of the most beautiful places in the world." Aang tightens the rope around Appa's horns.

"Aang, I know you're excited, but it's been a hundred years since you've been home." I then walked away from my reflection and sat next to Appa in the ground.

"That's why I'm so excited!"

"Aang," I said from below. "That's not what she meant."

"It's just that a lot can change in all that time."

"I know, but I need to see it for myself." Aang then flys down from Appa and walks over to Sokka who was still asleep. "Wake up, Sokka. Air temple here we come!" Sokka groans, lifts up is head slightly and turns away from Aang.

"Sleep now. Temple later." Sokka continues to snore but Aang picks up a stick and walks over to him once more.

"Sokka! Wake up!" Aang then rubs the stick all over Sokka's sleeping bag. "There's a prickle snake in your sleeping bag!" Sokka immediately stands up and hops around in his sleeping bag.

"Ah! Get it off! get it off!" He then fell face first into the ground. Katara and I laughed at him.

"Great. You're awake. Let's go!" We all gathered our things and head up onto Appa. "Yip, Yip!" Appa takes off flying to our next location. A couple hours went by and I was laying down in on the saddle next to Sokka looking up at the clouds. Suddenly I hear his stomach growl.

"Hey, stomach, be quiet, all right? I'm trying to find ya some food."

"You talking to your stomach now?" I asked with a small laugh. He rolled his eyes at me and reaches for a bag. He turns it upside down but no food came out.

"Hey! Who ate all the blubbered seal jerky? I bet it was you, Aya!" I sat up to face him.

"It wasn't me, I swear!"

"Don't play dumb with me, Aya. I know how much you love jerky!"

"Oh. That was food?" Aangs says as he guides Appa. "I used it to start the campfire last night. Sorry."

"You what?!" Sokka and I said it unison.

"Aw. No wonder the flames smelled so good." I patted Sokka on the back to let him know that everything was going to be okay.

"The pistols mountain range!" Aang yells as we approach large pointy mountains. "We're almost there!" I crawled over to the front of the settle and see Katara and Aang sitting together as we fly closer and closer to the temple.

"Aang, before we get to the temple," Katara says to him in a concerned tone. "I want to talk to you about the Airbenders."

"What about them?"

"Well... I just want you to be prepared for what you might see. The fire nation is ruthless. They killed my mother, and they could have done the same to your people."

"But Aya was part of the fire nation. Just because no one has seen an Airbender doesn't mean the fire nation killed them all. They probably escaped."