The darkest neighbor

:

When my grandmother was about 60, she lived in a nice cul-de-sac surrounded by woods. One of her neighbors was about 20 years old and lived with his mom. One day, he asks my grandma if she would mind showing him where the blackberry bushes are in the forest, because his mom wanted to make a pie. She says okay, grabs a basket and a flashlight and they head off into the woods together.

About half a mile into the woods, he attacks her. He pulls a knife from his pocket and slits her throat. She fights back and he slits her throat again, making blood pour from her neck, but he somehow didn’t cut the arteries deep enough to kill her immediately. After a couple minutes, she realizes there is no escape, so she pretends she is dead, faking her breathing while he rips her clothes off. He strips her lower-half nude and tries to rape her, but I guess the whole “fucking grandma’s corpse” isn’t appealing enough because he can’t keep his dick up. He gets quiet, listening to her lack of breathing to make sure she’s dead, before he stuffs his dick back in his pants and leaves her in the middle of the woods, taking the flashlight with him.

She stays still for about five minutes, bleeding out, before she thinks the coast is clear. She wraps her discarded sweatpants tightly around her neck and walks the opposite direction, through about three miles of dark woods… She eventually comes upon a small road and collapses in front of an oncoming car.

The people in the car stop just in time, and bring her to a hospital.

She survived

-ravenklaw