*3*

"Happy Birthday buddy."

Jimin smiled giving Taehyung a side hug.

"Thanks man."

He reciprocated the hug, later walking up to his cabin with him.

"I wonder if you know, but Namjoon got these awesome distillers in his club."

Jimin said, ever so excited.

"Uh huh?"

Taehyung sat down, taking interest.

"Don't you think we should try it tonight. It's your birthday afterall!"

He said, sitting on his desk, playing with the paperweight.

"Tonight...?"

He quivered his brows.

"But I am going on a dinner date with Y/N tonight...."

He rubbed his jaw a little.

"Oh! Then you are reserved. That's totally fine."

Jimin smiled.

"No not a big deal. I will come with you guys."

Taehyung shrugged his shoulder.

"Dude! Are you sure it won't be a big deal?"

He assured.

"Of course, we go on dates probably a lot alright. I can atleast cut it out for once."

He rolled his eyes and Jimin nodded, taking his agreement. He left his cabin, while Taehyung pulled out his phone to call you.

"No. I shouldn't call her because if I do, she will ask a thousands of questions. It's better if I just drop a message that I won't be coming to the date."

He thought to himself, before whatsapping you.

"It's not that big of a deal."

He shrugged his shoulder.

Here, you were indulged in your work as it was a busy day in the clinic. You didn't get  time to check on your phone and when you did, you found out that your phone's battery was already dead.

Completing your pend up works by 8, you collected all your stuffs and walked out, but there was no trace of Taehyung.

"Why didn't he come to pick me..?"

You thought but then shrugged your shoulders, taking a cab to the restaurant, where you booked a table for two.

15mins....

30mins....

1hour...

One hour passed by, and you were still sitting alone as Taehyung didn't show up. You couldn't even call him, still, hoped for him to come anytime soon.

"Mam do you want something?"

The waiter came again for the third time and you just forced another smile.

"Just water please."

You checked the entrance and then your watch, time to time, but he wasn't found, anywhere.

"I hope he is fine."

You waited for another 2 hours, until your patience level completely gave up.

Wiping a lone tear which rolled down your cheek, you moved out of the restaurant as it was already late at night.

Taehyung wasn't even home. This worried you a little until your phone came back to life and you checked his message.

"So he ditched me...."

You clutched the phone tight in your hand,

"....again...."

This time you didn't stop the tears from flowing. Sleep was far away from your eyes but as you tried drifting into a little slumber, you heard the main door creak open. He was home.

Entering inside the room, he saw you sleeping on your side of the bed.

"Are you sleeping baby...?"

His voice slurred a little, indicating he was drunk.

"I had so-so much fun tonight."

He giggled, jumping on the bed, beside you.

You had your eyes closed tight, when you felt him hugging you from the back, pulling you close to him.

"After eigh-eight years, I had a different birthday celebration..."

He murmured close to your ears, nuzzling his nose on your neck.

You heart felt heavy, tears ready to form in your eyes.

"I enjoyed tonight Y/N....maybe because you weren't there to nag me all the time."

He flicked his tongue, chuckling to himself. He pulled you more close, hugging you more tight.

Neither did you flinch, nor did you react. You were numb and still. His words were paining you so much that at this point you wanted to test your the tolerance of your own heart and succumb to its injury itself.

That night passed, with him sleeping so peacefully in your embrace, without a slightest check on his words or actions, while you soaked your pillow with your tears, thinking where your love for him went so wrong.

____________________________________

I hope you liked it. Please leave your reviews.💜