Chapter 12

The next morning, Nicky and I were back at Mom's. I sat at the kitchen table with a bowl of cereal. Don was flipping through the channels on the TV. Nicky came in and yawned. He poured himself some cereal, too, and sat next to me.

Don landed on NY1.

"You're watching New York One: News all morning," said the TV.

"Thanks for joining us this morning. There is a fresh blanket of snow on the ground today, but it's not the snow that's got New Yorker's talking. It's what's in the snow! There are dinosaur tracks along West 81st street."

I choked. Nicky looked at me with wide eyes. I don't think any of us thought of how the rest of New York would react the next morning.

"There's a remarkable video, these appear to be Tyrannosaurus Rex tracks, and they lead straight to the Museum of Natural History!"

"What?!" Shouted Don, "Dinosaur tracks? Erica! Come in here! You need to see this!"

Mom sprinted in the kitchen, "What?" She had curlers in her hair and a facial mask painted on her face.

Nicky giggled. "She looks like Attila the Hun to me," I smiled and nudged him.

Don flipped the channels.

"Authorities have found what appear to be cave drawings in the subway!" Said another news woman.

Don went to the next channel

"Neanderthals atop the museum roof! Elaborate hoax or publicity stunt? You be the judge! But one thing's for sure, the folks at the Natural History Museum have really outdone themselves!"

I smiled and continued eating my cereal.

_________________________________

Dad went with Nicky to career day the next week.

That night, we joined Dad at work again. Instead of going all over the city of New York, we stayed in the museum and had a little fun. Everyone was dancing and having a great time.

Columbus, the Huns, and the Vikings were having quite an intense game of soccer.

Sacagawea and Teddy took a romantic horseback ride throughout the museum.

The Neanderthals were having a little too much fun with the fire extinguisher.

Nicky was having a blast on Rexy's back as Jed and Octavius drove around a brand new convertible dad bought just for them.

Ahkmenrah hadn't danced in 4,000 years. That was pretty obvious. But, we danced anyways.

I looked up at Dad and smiled. Who'd have known a Night at the Museum could be such a night to remember?