Chapter 14

About an hour later I got a phone call from the hospital saying that Luke was shot in his right shoulder but is in stable condition and will be alright.I know I should be sad that Luke's in the hospital but I'm no where close to said I'm angry at him for not telling me the truth and for playing everything off.He should know not to lie to me by now...but somehow this message hasn't been sent to his brain yet.

"Ashton?"I asked into the phone.

"Yes"

"Umm did you um...here about Luke.And how he's in the hospital?"I said to him.

"Ya I know him and Michael were dealing drugs.The buyer asked for more heroine then what they brought and I guess he went all ape shit and lost his cool and pulled the trigger on them.Luckily they both made it out alive"Ashton told me.

That's what kind of business Luke was talking about.

"Uh,Ashton.Can I call you tomorrow?"I asked him.

"Ya that's fine.Goodnight"

"Goodnight"

-

Me and Ashton decided to visit Michael and Luke down at the hospital.

"Hey.Kalel?Are you okay?"He asked quickly looking over at me then back at the road.

"No I'm not okay"I fired back crossing my arms.

"Jesus it was just a question"He said turning on the radio.

"Ok.Ok.Ok.Im sorry Ash I'm just so mad at Luke fight now I have no other way to let out all my anger."I told him.

"Why are you mad?"He asked gently rubbing his hand on mine.

"Well to start off...Im mad at Luke because he wouldn't just tell me the fucking truth and lied to me.He told me he would stop taking and dealing drugs."I said trying not to show how much I really cared.

"Well that's life...the things we love most hurt us the most"He said not taking his eyes off from the road.

"But...how did you know?"I asked once we pulled up in the hospital parking lot.

"Know what?"He asked.

"About what happened to them and how it happened and what they were doing"I said.

"I-uh that's not important right now.What is important is to make sure Luke and Michael are okay"He said getting nervous.

"You knew"I whispered.

"I-what?"He asked.

"YOU KNEW!You knew that they were dealing drugs AND YOU DIDNT TELL ME!"I screamed with tears falling down my cheeks.They weren't tears of sadness they were tears of anger and frustration.

"I-Kalel.Im sorry they told me not to tell you.It was for your sake.We wanted to protect you"He said taking a step towards me.

"PROTECT ME FROM WHAT WHY COULDN'T YOU TELL ME?!"I screamed.

"Listen Luke needed the money"He said looking down.

"Whatever tell Luke I hope he feels better"I said walking the other way.

"Where are you going?"He asked.

"Home"

Hey guys I hope you liked the chapter it was fun to write.Dont forget to vote,comment,and follow.I LOVE YOU ALL!!!