Chapter 2: A Blast From the Past

16 years of my new life flashed before my eyes.

The new son of Poseidon was an exact replica of Sally Jackson, our mom. Only he had my-- Poseidon's eyes. His name was Theseus, but he liked to be called Theo.

I just looked like me, except my hair now had that weird floaty look to it instead of being windswept and I had Chaos' eyes.

Mum achieved her dream of being a writer sooner in this life, but Smelly Gabe was still in the house. His smell was more repulsive, if that was even possible.

When the slideshow of "my life" was over, I heard a familiar alarm ring. Automatically, my hand slams down to the right, the alarm turning off. I heard Theo groan in the bunk above me. We were still in the same apartment from my former life, making me share a room with Theo. I didn't mind, but he kept stealing my stashes of snacks, which was not cool.

The whole Mrs. Dodds scenario already passed, and Theo got expelled from Yancy Academy for "acting out" with all of his teachers.

With that instance, I quickly figured out that the timeline was accelerated here. I don't know if that's a good thing or not yet.

I groggily sit up, bonking my head on the bed frame above me. I scowl up, Theo snorting when he heard the thump of my head hitting his bunk.

"Shut up, Theo," I grumble, stumbling over to our closet, which was an unorganized mix of my and Theo's clothes, causing for both of us to dig around for a good minute to find our own clothes. It wasn't uncommon for one of us to "accidentally" wear a shirt that belonged to the other.

I threw on my clothes, noting with amusement that I still had lots of blue shirts and hoodies as I packed for a beach trip to Montauk.

Once we were done, Theo and I walk into the kitchen, suitcases in hand, just in time to hear Gabe open his fat mouth.

"Bean dip, Sally?! Did you not hear me!?" Gabe snapped, glaring up at my Mom from his lazy sprawl against a dinning room chair. I was just about to give Gabe a piece of my mind, but Mom sent me a pleading look, one that told me to stay quiet.

Theo didn't know it, but Gabe abused Mom, often leaving bruises that she covered up with makeup.

I had always known, but there wasn't much I could do in a child's body, I wouldn't do any good confronting him. So, naturally, I did my best and conditioned myself. I interfered when I was 12, and that's when Gabe and I had our first fist fight. Gabe won, but I sparred Mom, and that was the goal. I usually got in a few good hits, and I was smaller and faster than Gabe, but the man had a grip of steel and his most painful weakness was his non-existent balls and his eyes. Personally, I would never kick someone in the balls. It hurts like Tartarus and will make any man unable to have kids, but Gabe was a special case.

It was rather ironic, really. The only reason Mom married Gabe was to cover her kid's demigod scent so that monsters would stay way. She was protecting us through Gabe, and I was protecting her from Gabe.

"Don't worry, sweetie. I wasn't going to make you normal bean dip; I was going to make you seven-layer bean dip, with guacamole, sour cream, the works. I was just caught up talking about the trip with the boys," Mom soothed, smiling her sweet smile that I wish she never gave the ungrateful toad.

Gabe nodded, stroking his double chin. "Hurry with that bean-dip and maybe I'll let you take my car."

Mom nodded, flashing Gabe another smile before disappearing into the kitchen