I have a plan

Zulema's POV
I stayed up all night long thinking about this and I think it's finally ready. My plan for getting out, and staying out this time.
I promised Saray that I would get her out and this time, I wanna take Maca with us, if she'd like to come.
I have come to figure out that I am my best self around Maca, that she brings out the calmness in me and at the same time, she always drives me to be aware of my surroundings.
In a weird twisted way, she has become my aprendice and throughout the years I taught her all I knew about survival and now, she's like my friend and I feel a constant need to protect her from everyone but myself.
I know Saray will want to take Kabila with us but them two plus Maca it's never a good idea.
Maybe I should talk to Maca first and see what she thinks about it.
A little after I made peace with my plan the lights turned on and I decided that I would search for her in the middle of our morning job.
Hers was laundry and mine was cleaning so I could just make an excuse to swing by the laundry without drawing attention.

Maca's POV
I was in the middle of my morning laundry duties when I see Zulema coming into the laundry.
"Go do something else" I say to every girl working with me.
They clear the laundry room and Zulema comes to stand in front of me.
There was a time where I would fear Zulema and being alone, in front of her, would be a nightmare but now, now I consider her a friend and I would do a lot for her, even thought she'd never see me as one of her friends.
I don't even know if she has any friends, besides Saray.
"Hey" I tell her.
"Hey" Zule says.
"What are you doing in here?"
"I have a plan." Zulema says never taking her eyes off of me.
"A plan for what?" I laugh.
She's serious and didn't find what I said funny.
"For getting out, and I wanna take you with me"
"You, getting me out?" I laugh again.
"What?" Zulema spits.
"It's just, you don't trust me. You don't trust anyone, why on earth would you trust me to run away with you?" I ask her, on a serious note this time.
"I don't know, listen Rubia, it's strange but you and I, we get along and that's that. You in or out?" Zulema asks.
"Zulema, Zulema Zahir inviting me to run away with her. I never, ever, thought this possible" I say shaking my head.
"So you in or out Rubia?"
I smile at her "I'm in!" I tell her.
Zulema smiles back at me "Good. I still have a few lose ends but good. It's going to be perfect"
"Zulema, can I ask you something?"
"What?" Zulema asks surprised.
"A hug." I tell her.
"A hug?" She spits out.
"Yes, to mark the beginning of a new begging for the both of us." I ask her.
"Maca, be careful, I may start to like you" Zule laughs.
"It's ok. I may start to like you too" I smile and open my arms.
Zulema gives in and we hug.
For the first time ever, Zulema and I hug and you know what, I can feel her smiling and so am I. Fuck, I can't catch feelings. I can't. But what if I've already did?
Zulema pulls back and suddenly her face changes and it's like she's just remembered something.
"What do you think about Kabila coming with us?"