Chapter One

Sorry for the delay - my lovely little sister decided to delete the chapter. But it's here now! Hope you like it! :) xx

============================================================

‘A drop in the ocean, a change in the weather, I was praying that you and me might end up together. It’s like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert, but I’m holding you closer than most. ‘Cause you are my heaven.’ Tiara flipped her honey brown hair to the side and began to fishtail braid, singing softly to herself.

She slowly slipped into a daydream, her mind clouded with images of eyes like emeralds and curls like a chocolate waterfall.

‘Tia!’ The emeralds were replaced by a darker, murkier pair of eyes, and the brown hair changed to auburn in a millisecond. Autumn stood, hands on hips, clearly frustrated at her best friend’s lack of focus.

‘Tiara Parkes, I have been trying to talk to you for ages!’

‘Sorry.’ Tia mumbled, trying desperately to bring back the emeralds. ‘What were you saying?’

‘I was asking if you had any popcorn. Since you were being all boring, Clara and I decided we were having a Harry Potter marathon.’

‘Harry?’ Tia grasped at the word, her focus already spinning back into the shape of a lean, smirking boy.

‘Oh god. You are so lovesick it’s pathetic. I’m talking about Harry Potter. You know, wizard. Round glasses. Lightning scar. Best friends with Ron and Hermione.’

‘I know, I know.’ Hermione had curly brown hair. It was nothing like Harry’s, though. Harry’s hair was shiny and bouncy and playful, yet tangled and thick and sexy…

‘Tia!’ Autumn shouted.

‘Pantry. Second shelf from the top, in a red box.’ Tiara muttered. She knew all about popcorn. Harry and her had once tried to cook it on the barbeque, but it just ended up burning. Harry bought Chinese instead and they sat on Tiara’s fence feeding each other until Missy, their neighbours cow, chased them back inside.

‘Thanks.’ Autumn left the room, and suddenly Tiara felt a hundred years old.

Her head began to throb with a huge, pounding pain, and she wanted to just fall asleep. She lay down, her eyes clenched shut as the pain came in waves through her skull. Five minutes passed. Ten minutes. The pain in her head was almost unbearable. Her eyes began to water, whether it was tears or from the pressure behind her eyes she didn’t know.

‘Panadol.’ Tiara stood up shakily. She could get through this. It was just a headache, she’d had thousands before. In fact, she’d been getting heaps lately. She just needed a few tablets and a rest and she’d be fine.

She made it to the stairs before she collapsed in a heap, her brain blanking into unconsciousness.

Autumn’s POV

‘Clara, pass the remote.’ I poked her sharply in the hip. ‘Clara you bum, pass it to me.’

‘Don’t turn it up, it’s already too loud.’ Clara handed it over, running a hand through her strawberry blonde hair.

‘Meh.’ I hit the volume button, hearing Snape’s voice rise. I hit it again and again, until Clara began to sigh.

‘God, Autumn. Not everything has to be as loud as you.’ She threw a cushion at me. The Parkes’ have really nice cushions, did you know? They’re made of this purple silk, with little velvet stripes on the edges. Nothing at all like mine, which are brown with tacky little tassels.

‘I’m going up to check on Tia. It’s not like her to skip a movie.’

I snorted. ‘Good luck talking to her. You’ll have to dye your hair brown and put it up in rollers before she talks to you.’

She shrugged. ‘Maybe. Just turn that down.’

I laughed and boosted the volume even more, knowing that it would annoy her.

Heaving an exaggerated sigh, Clara left the room. I heard her feet pad slowly up the stairs before stopping abruptly.

I paused the movie, Ron’s face freezing mid-sentence.

‘Oh my god.’

Clara’s voice floated down to me, followed by a string of panicked swear words.

Clara never swore.

============================================================

Vote if you liked it, comment whatever you thought. <3