Promise Me part 3

hey nobody has given me any ideas yet, it would be great if i got ideas and feedback for the story! im sorry, its a little boring so far... =P

But vote, comment, fan!

sorry it's taken me so long to post another part

                                                                 Cherise's P.O.V.

        It was so not fair. It was almost 8:00 but I was not ready to leave Devyn's house. Not until he took me back. But it was starting to look like that wouldn't happen tonight.

        I walked out of the kitchen. I didn't want him to see that my cheeks were pink and I was trying not to cry. I sat down on the fuzzy carpeted stairs. Devyn and I had slid down these stairs when we were little. I could see where the edges were they were all frayed and worn out. That was before, when everything was way simpler and the worst we had to worry about was having to eat our fruits and vegetables. Now I had popularity, boobs, fake friends, and a huge crush on my ex-best friend who was also my ex-boyfriend. I wished I could go back and redo everything. Or just stay in the past, playing House and Prince and Princess with Devyn.

         I had tried everything. Persuasion, sensitivity, crying, bribery (in a more subtle form), being upset, playing hard to get, acting like I didn't care... and now trying to make him guilty. But somehow through it all he stayed totally indifferent. I was starting to run out of ideas. Even that thing I did, fluttering my long eyelashes, and smiling flirtatiously, that usually got me every guy I wanted, wasn't working on him anymore.

"Cherise!" I heard my mom's voice calling. I didn't want to leave, not until Devyn loved me, but there wasn't exactly a choice. I stood up, pouting, and stepped through the door.

"There you are, Cherise," my mom said,"It's time to leave."

"Ok," I replied flatly. I grabbed my purse from the dining room. Devyn was doing his homework at the dining room table. I really, really wanted to say something to him, even if it was just "bye", but I forced myself not to. I tried not to stare too hard at his flawless face, or his tousled brown hair. I'd love to run my hands through that hair. I turned away and started walking out of the room, without saying a word. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Devyn looking my way, biting his lip. But he didn't say anything.

       I followed my parents out to the car. We all climbed in and my mom turned on the radio. It was playing Breakeven (Falling to Pieces). I actually kind of liked the song, but how ironic was that?!

"What am I gonna do when the best part of me was always you

What am I supposed to say when I'm all choked up and you're ok

I'm falling to pieces, yeah

(One still in love 

while the other one's leaving)

I'm falling to pieces, 

(Cuz when a heart breaks 

no it don't break even)"

      Oh wow. I was almost about to cry. How embarrassing. Luckily I was in the back seat and it was dark. I wiped my eyes with the sleeve of my baby blue sweatshirt. There. That was a little better.

         Finally, our car pulled up in our driveway. Our house was nice, like Devyn's, actually a little nicer than his. Ok, fine, we live in sort of a mansion. Not like the type celebrities live in, but yes, our house is a bit bigger than the average house. My dad has a rather high-up job at Apple.

         I hopped out of the black car and walked up to the door with my parents.

          Inside, I went straight to my room. I wanted to be alone. Actually, I wanted to be with Devyn, but he'd made it pretty clear that wouldn't happen anytime soon. My room is one of my favorite places in the world. The walls are pink and blue, my favorite colors. It's like being in a cloud of cotton candy. I have my own TV, laptop, iPad, giant stuffie Hello Kitty, walk-in closet, and mini fridge that I actually don't use much, because I try not to snack a lot.

          I put on a P!nk CD, and retrieved something from my bottom dresser drawer. It was my scrapbook. My mom had made me do this mother-daughter scrapbooking class, and I'd snagged some supplies and when we went home, I'd used my new skills to make my own private scrapbook.

         I'm not exactly artsy (I actually got a D in Art, and I'm a straight A student), but the scrapbook actually turned out pretty cool. I flipped to one familiar photo. Me and Devyn, playing in the sandbox in Kindergarten. Me and Devyn playing soccer in 3rd Grade. Me and Devyn, arms around each other, at the dance last year. Me and Devyn, surfing last Summer. The pages were covered in tiny little heart stickers. I opened the Valentine I'd pasted onto the paper.

Cherise,

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

Sugar is sweet,

And so are you!

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

Cupcakes are cute,

And so are you!

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

Waffles are yummy,

And so are you!

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

Chocolate's the best,

And so are you!

Haha, did you like my corny poems? Happy Valentines Day! Be mine <3

Love,

Devyn xoxoxo

     I missed this boy so much. I couldn't imagine getting through Valentine's Day this year. I stared down at the photos one last time, and shut the scrapbook.

.................................................................................................................................................................................

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to post another part! I've been working on some other writing. Anyways, please leave comments with feedback and ideas! I'd love to hear people's opinions!