Chapter 2: Meet my Boyfriend, Drake Eretus

“Frey.” Someone called then the lights turned on.

“Gosh Drake! You scared me!” I said while holding my chest

“Sorry, here” the he gave my notebook.

“Thanks, where did you find it?”

“Inside your locker, tsk you’re so untidy that’s why you can’t see your things properly.”

“Whatever,” I said sticking my tongue out. “Thank you again.”

“Always welcome, let’s go?”

“Wait  ... I said a while ago to stay in the car.”

“Yeah, so?”

“Why are you here then?”

“Sorry, I love breaking your rules.”

“What?! I hate you”

His laugh made me jump

“I’m just kidding”

“You really like to piss me off, don’t you?” then I walked away.

“No. Hey.” He said running after me, he grabbed my arm and stopped me. “I was just kidding.”

*At my House*

“Thanks for taking me home, bye bye”

“Yeah, welcome. Bye” He is really cold like ice, different from his crimson eyes. His eyes are really like blood.

“Bye again, Frey” I heard him from our gate; expecting something. He’s still in our gate standing and looks like he’s waiting for something.

“Bye! Take care!” I shouted because I’m here in our main door and it’s too far if I’m going to talk normally.

“Tsk. I love you, too”

I giggled “I love you!” Seriously?  ‘I love you’ is the only thing that he waited, he’s totally cute. Okay after that conversation, I went to my room and started to do the research thingy.

DEFINITION

Vampires are mythological or folkloric beings who s770- bsist by feeding on the life essence (generally in the form of blood) of living creatures, regardless of whether they are undead or a living person/being. Although vampiric entities have been recorded in many cultures, and may go back to "prehistoric times", the term vampire was not popularized until the early 18th century, after an influx of vampire superstition into Western Europe from areas where vampire legends were frequent, such as the Balkans and Eastern Europe, although local variants were also known by different names, such as vrykolakas in Greece and strigoi in Romania. This increased level of vampire superstition in Europe led to mass hysteria and in some cases resulted in corpses actually being staked and people being accused of vampirism.

Almost each nation has legends about vampires that hunt people at night and drink their blood. In these legends vampires are cruel, heartless, half-decayed creatures. Today it is an enigmatic sexy superstar that kept its peculiar traits: love of blood, and fear for the sun. In the Middle Ages the legend about vampires was complemented with the information that they fear cross and Holy Water. That remained a myth until 1963, when a British doctor Li Illis made a stunning announcement: vampire-werewolf is nothing more than a victim of a genetic pathology – porphyria.

Porphyria is a hereditary disease that relates to the way your body generates heme -- part of the respiratory pigment, hemoglobin. Heme is a porphyrin, over-produced in this disease.

Porphyria, being genetic disorder, may occur with greater frequency in small, enclosed populations. Places like Transylvania come to mind... Porphyria induces a photo-dermatitis which can cause terrible blisters to appear, which look like burned skin, and this in turn generates a justifiable fear of exposure to sunlight. Drinking blood slows porphyrin production, so it's conceivable that victims who knew this would seek blood sources. Wambaugh suggests cows but.. Garlic appears to block an enzyme that inhibits or removes porphyrin, hence the negative reaction to garlic (quinine does this too -- so never give a vampire a gin and tonic!). Porphyria attacks sometimes manifest with significant personality changes. Also, blood pressure often drops, which might explain the pale countenance. Don't give this rather fascinating speculation too much credence)