Chapter 1

06-17-20
•••

"Ate, samahan mo na kasi akong panoorin 'yong movie!"

I'm sitting on the couch in our living room and here's Zeph, my younger brother, begging me to accompany him to watch the movie released by Disney.

"Zeph, I have projects to do pa," I caressed his hair. "You can watch it naman sa Netflix after it's airing, or sa Facebook, there are some people posting it there."

"Ehhh!" Pag-angal niya, he's about to cry. Well, he's just 4 but he's good in communicating na. "I want to watch it on a big screen! Tsaka iyegal 'yong nasa Pwaysbook"

I chuckled, kahit ganon na siya kagaling makipag-usap, nabubulol pa rin siya.

"You go watch it with Manang Ester."

"No! I want you to come with me," pamimilit niya, nagpapacute. "Please ate! Please?"

This kid talaga, he's good in pagpapacute. I put my both hands up, giving up. He jumped so high, celebrating because we're going to the mall to watch the movie he's talking about.

"Okay, you go take a bath and change your clothes," I said. "You're so smelly na."

"Okay, ate!" He said, super hyper. "Thank you! Love you, you're the best ate!"

I climbed up the stairs to go to my room, I immediately go to the bathroom and take a bath. After that, I used the hair dryer to dry my hair. I wear a striped off shoulder top, a denim wrap shorts, and a white rubber shoes. I used a small white sling bag to add some fashion.

Pagkalabas ko ng kwarto, nandoon na si Zeph at naghihintay. He's wearing a blue t-shirt, a white shorts, and a white rubber shoes. He's also wearing sunglasses, this kid always want to wear sunglasses when we go out. Akala mo artista.

"Come on, ate!" Hinila niya ako pababa.

"Manang Ester, aalis lang po muna kami, kayo na po munang bahala dito sa bahay." I shouted to inform the mayor doma of our house, di ko na siya makakausap ng maayos dahil atat ng umalis si Zeph.

"Saan po tayo, ma'am?" Manong Blan asked when we entered the van.

"Sa mall, manong! Sa mall po!" Zeph answered him with so much energy on his voice.

While we're on our way, I took out my phone to call Aoi, my best friend, para naman may kasama ako sa loob ng sinehan na medyo adult.

"Hey, you free?" Bungad ko agad.

/Nah, I'm Aoi. Why?/ sagot niya mula sa kabilang linya.

"Dress up and go to the mall, we'll wait you there."

/Naks, jowa kita sis? Okay, noted./ she said and ended the call.

I put my phone back in my sling bag and look outside the van.

"Ate, can we play arcades after watching the movie?" Nangangalabit na tanong ni Zeph.

I turned my gaze, looking at him.

"We'll see," I said, raising one of my brows. "Kung hindi nagmamadali si Ate Aoi mo."

He nods and looked outside the van to check where are we now. Minutes have passed and we got in to our destination, the mall.