XIX One Last Time

Your heart beats faster as soon as you heard the familiar squeaking of the shoes made by the players practicing inside the gym early in the morning. You grabbed for the door handle and took a deep breath.

"One Last Time." you said before sliding the door open.

The cold air from the air conditioner touched your skin. The familiar scent of sweat and the court itself lingers through your sense of smell. I will really miss this, them.

"Princess samaaaa!" You flinched at Goshiki's loud noise but you smiled at him when he went near you. "You're finally here!" He said.

"Good morning Goshiki." you greeted him like the usual.

Everyone had noticed your presence because of Goshiki's ruckus and immediately swarmed around you.

"Oh, You're back?" Reon greeted you but you didn't respond.

"It's good to finally have you here [Y/N]-san, the others have been whining about how they misses you everyday. I felt like my eardrums are going to burst any minute now." Shirabu joined in the conversation as well. Still bitchy.

"[Y/N] deaaaaar~." You heard Tendou called you from the back. Is he late? Still lazy as ever. you chuckled but frowned immediately when you realized you will badly miss the red head. His teasing and intonation, the way he calls you dear all the time.

"What took you so long [Y/N]-chan? We really missed you here and your scoldings." Semi said.

You took a deep sigh. With the the boys acting like this it's even harder for you to say goodbye but there's no turning back now.

"I'm so sorry everyone I won't stay for too long." you started and everyone got a confused look on their faces right away. "The coaches already knew about this but I got no courage to tell you sooner."

"Dear what is it?" Tendou interrupted, totally scared of what you are going to say.

"Please don't tell me you're quitting the managerial position." Yamagata said making you bit your lip.

You stared at everyone, their eyes were glistening as tears are threatening to escape from their orbs. You searched for Ushijima who wasn't around. Ah, there he is. He's not even interested you mumbled to yourself when you saw him sitting at a bench far from the commotion you've caused.

You bowed sincerely in front of them. "I'm so sorry everyone, thank you for taking care of me."

And the gym went silent for awhile.

"W-why?" Goshiki cried. "Is it because I keep calling you princess-sama?" he innocently asked making your heart clenched.

"No it's not. It's not the case Goshiki." you assured him that and gave him a quick hug as well.

"If I stop calling you that, will you stay?" he said

"I'll stop putting on make up." Shirabu added

This made you sad. "No Shirabu, you shouldn't do that. And it's not because of you guys, it's my personal choice." you said. "It has been fun being with all of you, though it wasn't that long."

"But-" Goshiki was about to reason out again but he was called out by Reon.

"We are very sad to hear that [Y/N] but we fully respect your decision. You've been a great aid to us, thank you for working hard." he said.

You gave him a smile. "It was an honor working with the most powerful volleyball team in the prefecture." you said "Continue dominating the court." and they all looked away from you crying.