𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐤𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐨 ✧ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲

June 5th 2020 / requested by TwilightSunset438 / 300 words / i had a lot of trouble with this but i hope you like it

✧ 。゚✐.*゚☆: *.☽ .* ✎。:*゚

Akiko Yosano is a woman of strong beliefs, this was something you were well aware of. Akiko Yosano is a strong woman, who liked strong men, so why on earth was she with you? You weren't that strong, at least not physically, you were a forensic scientist, your days were spent hunched over a microscope frantically writing notes as you attempted to keep up with the Agency's fast deductions. Ranpo explained a crime, it was your job to prove it scientifically.

Your lab more often than not, was a mess, papers covering nearly every surface as you ran back and forth from the whiteboard, scribbling down notes in barely readable characters, to your equipment. Akiko would sometimes scold you for your messy habits, reprimanding you lightly for your scattered office place, shuffling through your papers as she organized them. You didn't mind, you'd always blush and laugh nervously waving off her concern.

You did your best to show her all the love you had, attempting to shoving away your awkwardness as the two of you lay in each other's embrace, went out together, got meals, shopping, cleaned the apartment you shared, the smallest things. Akiko was a strong woman, she was a woman of strong beliefs, a woman who deserved a man, or woman, who could match that. And yet she was with you, the awkwardly bumbling scientist who was sometimes barely able to keep from tripping over their own feet.

You would never understand why she was with you.

[Name] [Surname] is a compassionate man. This was something Akiko was well aware of. [Name] [Surname] is an honest man with a kind heart, who likes the company of kind people. Yet she would never understand why he was with her. She had walls built around her heart that were still only just coming down, trauma from years past barricading herself in her mind. But he was with her. He was warm, he was a little flustered at times, he was trusting and he was oh so lovely.

But she would never understand why he was with her.