Chapter 38

Hikari came back to the world of consciousness with a muddled tiredness that ached all over her body. Her mouth felt like cotton, her head was pounding slow, dull, incessant beats. She couldn't feel the injuries she got from fighting but that's probably because Wendy healed her. In other words, Hikari feels like shit and she doesn't know where she is. The room was dark and she could barely see what color the ceiling was. She could feel the vessel she's on swaying so she supposed that she's on a ship.

Hikari winced as she turned her head to see shadows of a table, some medical equipment, smells of herbs, and...is that a person slumped on a chair? She slowly moved her body, wincing as she put herself up in a sitting position. The person slumped in the chair heard the rustle of Hikari's movements and blearily opened their eyes.

"Hikari!" The reindeer jumped down from Wendy's lap, his movements startling Wendy awake. She too made her way to Hikari but tripped on a body.

"Hikari-chan?" Saffron woke up with a snort. He looked at Hikari and scrambled over to her, stepping on Drake while on his way.

"Ow!" Drake hissed and clutched his stomach. He glared at Saffron. "Space-head!" He growled. "You better- Hikari? Guys, wake up! Hikari's awake!"

The remaining members of the Elemental Squadron woke up in a daze. Umber had to shake Tian awake before they too surrounded Hikari.

Chopper was checking her vitals while Wendy was making sure that Hikari's magic had no problems.

"How are you feeling, Hikari-chan?" Saffron asked.

"Exhausted. Other than that, I feel fine," Hikari said in a small voice.

Umi took the water on the desk next to the bed and gave it to Hikari. "Here's some water."

"Thank you," Hikari took a sip and sighed at the refreshing, cool water that instantly relieved the dryness in her mouth and throat.

"Your wounds are healing nicely," Chopper said. "Take deep breaths." Chopper listened to Hikari's heart while she took deep breaths. "Your heart is fine too. I suggest staying in bed for a couple of days to rest up from the battle." Wendy nodded in agreement. "You are still weak from almost using all the magic in you. You almost died. I'm surprised you're awake now after 2 hours." She added quietly.

A somber mood made its way through the group.

"Anyway, rest up. You'll continue to feel tired until you have enough magic in you and recover from magic deficiency."

"I'm sorry for worrying you guys."

Saffron sniffed. "Just don't make it a habit to be on death's door."

"You know I can't promise that. We're Fairy Tail. And we have Fairy Tail luck." Hikari stated matter of factly.

"Ah, that's true." The Elemental Squadron and Wendy all deadpanned.

Chopper tilted his head. "What's Fairy Tail luck?"

Drake answered. "Fairy Tail luck is basically luck. Whether good or bad, Fairy Tail has always had its fair share of luck; something always happens. Fairy Tail luck is more potent when there's more members gathered together."

"You mean like now?" Chopper asked.

"Yes." Drake said.

There was a sudden, loud splash and people laughing. "NATSU!" Lucy yelled.

"Hey! Watch it, flame-brain!"

"You watch it, ice princess!"

"What did you say?"