Chapter 9

"Hi."

I raise my head from the magazine I'm reading, meeting the eyes of a younger looking girl.

"I'm Brin, the girl who gave you clothes?"

"Thanks. What do you want?" My brashness takes her off guard, and her amber eyes grow quite large.

"Um, I um just wanted to introduce myself to our Luna."

I roll my eyes. "I refuse to accept the fact that I am mated to him."

Brin laughs. "We don't all agree to who our mate is. My mate is that dumb idiot Aaron."

I gape at her, surprise etched into my features. "How old are you?"

Brin giggles. "Nineteen. He's twenty-two, but our parents don't mind."

I shake my head, surprised beyond belief. "How old is Paul?"

To me he looks about twenty-five, but he said that the wolves age slower.

"Twenty-nine. He turns thirty in five months."

My mouth drops. "I'm seventeen."

Brin makes a face. "That's a pretty big age difference."

I give her a pointed look.

"Well, a word of advice, stay indoors for the next few days; its the most dangerous time you could be out."

I shrug.

"I'm a hunter. I've been out before, during, and after a full moon."

Brin shrugs. "Suit yourself, but with the scent of an alpha on you, especially a jerk alpha like him, you'll be a secure target.

I frown. "He's not a jerk."

Brin snorts. "Yeah he is. Besides, I'm his niece so it doesn't matter."

I shrug "Well you aren't my niece, so stay quiet."

Brin laughs. "How cute. You think you can beat me in a fight, don't you?"

"Bring it, Brittany."

"Brin."

"Same difference."

Brin laughs, taking a sip of her drink. "I like you. You're funny. That'll help Paul not be so uptight."

"Who says I'm uptight?" I jump at Paul's voice, turning in my seat so fast I fall into the floor.

I feel my cheeks burn as Brin laughs, pushing my hair out of my face. I meet the worried eyes of Paul, who offers me a hand. I hesitate before taking it, and he pulls me up easily.

Brin gets off hre stool, walking up to Paul and punching him in the arm. "Your little firecracker thinks she can beat me in a fight."

Paul laughs, raising a brow. "Well Brin, she probably could given that she trained her whole life to kill us, and also that you're a bit on the scrawny side and she's pretty built."

Brin punches in the arm again, scowling. "Alrighty then, lets do it. Lyssa and me. During training."

Paul glances at me, then at Brin.

"You don't have to do it, Lyss."

I shrug. "I'm tired of being penned up. Sure I'll fight. What are your rules?"

Brin grins, excitement and bloodlust burning in her eyes.

"The point is to get me down to where I can't get back up. You being human will make it a fast and easy fight."

I laugh. "I've fought grown men and beat them."

Brin gives me a smug look. "Yes, but they weren't werewolves."

I roll my eyes. "When's training?"

Paul checks his watch, a small digital thing on his left wrist.

"Twenty minutes. Might as well begin walking over, Alpha's gotta be the first one there anyways."

Paul leads the way, me falling in line second with Brin tailing us.

"Be careful."

I huff. "I can take care of myself. Calm down."

"Brin's a very experienced fighter. She's quick, and tends to go under your guard a lot. Watch her left hook."

I nod.

Within minutes, we arrive at a huge field with a bunch of fighting mats and one large building, holding the medics cabin and the bathrooms.

"This is it, Lyssa. Start warming up and meet me at the porch of the medics cabin when you're finished."

I grin, making my way to an empty spot on the field. I was going to have so much fun with this.

//haven't updated in a while, i know, but im so sick! i have the flu, it feels like im dying. :(
okay bye
-a\\