Mr. No-name Man

The energy in the air was electric. Positive vibes bouncing from street to street as me and the other protesters walked during the protest. People were having fun, and we were proving an important message, so I'm all in for it. The message needed to be heard, and if there was any way I could help, I was going to do it. 

"Black Lives Matter!" "No justice, no peace!" "ACAB!" and other declarations filled the air in a semi-harmonious way. Music to my ears honestly.

 Signs were being waved, fists held high, and smiles wide. I adjusted my mask again and fixed the straps on my backpack as I thought to myself, today was going to be just another peaceful protest. 

Or so I thought.

Suddenly, all the people in front of me came to a screeching halt. Horrified and disgusted expressions surrounded me as I became confused. The peaceful cheerful messages people were saying before now were mute. What caused everyone to stop? Suddenly the voices I was hearing were no longer just mildly cheery. Pure anger and rage started to fill people's messages.

"I don't see no riot here. So why are you in riot gear?" Was being chanted from the front lines. 

My eyebrows furrowed. It took not a split second later to realize what was going on. Cops. On the front line. Blocking our way.

I weaved my way through the masses to the front lines to give a piece of my mind to these pigs. Cowards with a badge and a gun, and nothing more. Hiding their bodies behind riot shields and helmets. Their faces unfazed, as if nothing was even happening.  They deserved none of the credit they got. They needed to face the facts and renew the system. It was far to corrupt to be saved, so it was either to be rebuilt, or burned to the ground. It seems like the cops wanted the ladder based on the way they were acting.

I was about to open my mouth to chew out the cops I was staring at when I felt a rough hand on my shoulder. I turned around and what I saw shocked me. He looked like something straight out of a video game. Full, black body armor shone in the sun. He was at least seven feet tall. I didn't even need to know what he looked like underneath to know that he was a literal king. His power. His pose. His presence. It made my heart skipped a beat or two. I felt small next to him, and I bet he knew it.

When I snapped back to reality, his gloved hand pushed me back gently and he looked back at me for a slight nod, then began to roast those pigs alive. I blushed a bit as I watched him turn back around but I regained my composure and watched the show that was beginning. He was scaring those cops to death, and he knew it. His finger like a dagger, pointed at the cops and it was just as scary as one. His height made it hard to maintain eye contacts with the still unfazed disgraces so you know what this man did? He bent down to talk to them. B E N T  D O W N. I felt my cheeks grow a bit hotter as I continued to watch him hurl insult, after insult to these sad-excuses of men. I felt like I was in a daze-like state. Stuck staring at him. It was like a trance almost.

Something in me found this man just a little too attractive. Jeez. He's tall, stands for BLM and ACAB, radiates dominant energy, and was respectful to me? Can we get married now or-

My daydream was cut short by hearing a loud boom and thud to the right of me. I immediately turned around to see a young man fell to the ground, clutching his abdomen, and gritting his teeth. I felt my smile turn to a frown again as I rushed my way over to help this poor boy. By the time I got there, some people were already crowding around him offering whatever support they could. Mystery mask man turned over to my direction, and then started screaming louder at the cops, pointing at the boy, then back to the cops. The cops were now flinching at his words and movements, but I had to focus on the task at hand. I shook my head as I knealed down beside him, and tried my best to diffuse the situation.