The Dysfunctional Family Known As The Avengers

Much, much later, once Peter had calmed down and came back from the ice cream parlor, once Sam, Thor, and Clint were done with their lunch (which Sam wisely charged to the credit card Tony gave him when he moved in; everyone in the house--aside from Peter--already had one), and once Bruce was home for the night, the Avengers all had dinner courtesy of Natasha and Wanda. The couple enjoyed cooking--or sometimes baking--together (which it almost always ended in flour in someone's hair, even if flour wasn't in the recipe). Tonight they had prepared a pasta Wanda's parents used to make for her and Pietro. They might not be here, but that doesn't mean Wanda can't keep their spirit alive.

"Everything looks delicious," Loki commented as she sat down beside Tony.

Tony nodded along, taking a sip from his whisky glass. Wanda beamed as she started dishing the pasta out. Natasha entered the dining room a moment later with a hot tray of garlic bread. Using a pair of tongs, Natasha placed a slice of bread on everyone's plate before heading back into the kitchen to set the tray down. Tony looked around at everything, taking in a deep breath.

"Mmm. Everything smells amazing too," he complimented.

Wanda smiled up at him. He winked at her, causing her cheeks to turn a light shade of pink. Natasha walked back into the room just in time to point a finger at Tony and to wrap her arm protectively around Wanda. Loki, looking between the women and her boyfriend, wrapped an arm around Tony's, draping herself onto his side. The four then started to laugh, earning a few chuckles from the men around them.

"Wanda, you know I love you but I'd never try to steal you from Natasha," Tony told her as the women sat down, holding hands under the table. Natasha smirked. Tony turned his attention to her and winked. "You two are made for one another." Natasha looked up from where she was scooping salad onto her plate and smiled. "In your own twisted bad guy-good guy way." Wanda and Natasha shared a look before giggling and giving each other Eskimo kisses. Tony looked to Loki who was still resting her head on his shoulder. He gave her a soft smile. "And I wouldn't trade you for anything."

Loki raised an eyebrow. "Coming from the man who has almost everything." Tony chuckled and kissed her nose. She giggled softly. He held her closer, pressing his forehead to hers.

"Doesn't that just make it mean more?" She rolled her eyes and huffed. He flashed her his signature playboy smile before kissing her forehead and pulling away. "Sweetie, I'd rather have someone who actually cares for me because of who I am than have a fortune and a family name that everyone cares about more." Loki smiled softly. "I know you feel the same." She nodded, grabbing her fork and twirling some pasta around it.

"For once can't we just eat without all the mushy gushy couple crap?" Sam asked, leaning back in his chair, his arms outstretched. He looked to Clint, Thor, and Bruce, the only one's at the table of age who didn't have a significant other there. Clint shook his head, his palms up.

"I've got someone, Wilson. He's just not here to partake in all the 'mushy gushy couple crap'," Clint remarked. Sam narrowed his eyes at him. Clint shrugged, an innocent yet mocking smile on his face. "Because we'd totally kick y'all's asses in the mushy gushy part!" Tony and Bucky gasped.

"That is simply not true!" they both declared. Tony and Bucky turned to each other, gazes locked. Had Steve and Loki not forced them into a kiss, the two would've started an argument.

Clint scoffed and rolled his eyes. "It totally is true. I'll call him right now." Clint pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed his home phone. His boyfriend would be the only one home to pick up. He pressed the phone against his ear as he said, "Sam's just jealous 'cause he doesn't have anybody to be all lovey-dovey with." Sam scoffed.