Chapter 23

Gasping in horror, he pointed at Alex, "WHAT THE HELL AM I WEARING?!?!?!"

Confused, Alex looked down. "Oh this? I found them at the bottom of your closet. They're really comfortable I don't know why you don't wear them more often." She shrugged.

"Ever thought that the fact that they were at the bottom of my closet, was because they were meant to stay at the bottom of my closet?" Clark bit out with clenched teeth.

Alex scrunched up her forehead in confusion. "But why? They make you look younger." Saying that, she struck a pose and was surprised to hear a few squeals from around her.

The both of them looked up and noticed a few girls at the side giggling and pointing at Alex, some even waving daringly and blowing kisses at her.

Grinning, Alex return their waves and even blew a kiss to one of the girls, causing another round of squeals to come from them.

Satisfied, she smugly grinned at Clark and crossed her arms in front of her chest. "See?"

"Stop flirting and get me out of here." Clark was so pissed he couldn't do anything but glare at Alex.

"Yea yea. What went up your butt Mr Grumpy pants?" Alex muttered, before leading the way to one of the deserted classrooms.

"Why are we here?" Clark demanded. "I asked you to get me out of this university, not for you to lead me to some deserted classroom!"

"Calm your tits!... or mine... oh whatever, oh my gosh! I brought you here so we could talk in peace, and no you can't leave because I've got another class in about half an hour!" Alex said, sitting her butt down on one of the tables.

"I can't be here! I've got work to do. I've got meetings to schedule and to go to, papers to sign. I am a very important person!"

"Well Mister "Very Important Person", unless you're going to your meetings in my body, I suggest that you stay here for class, and let me do your work for a change, how bout that?" Alex said.

Clark paused for a moment. "You'd do that? For me?"

He shouldn't have to ask at this point. She'd helped him so many times, but every time a situation like this arose, he couldn't help himself. Some part of him was prepared to be disappointed, but the other part of him hoped and anticipated to be proved wrong. And every time she said yes, it only made the hope grow stronger, and that feeling elated him, yet terrified the shit out of him.

"Yep, as long as you pay attention in my class, take down notes, and teach me whatever you've learnt. I've got a test soon, and I can't afford to miss this chance. I need straight As to get a scholarship into the medical university I want to go to."

Confused Clark asked, "Aren't you already in university?"