Pasts and Realization

(Y/n) POV

(Y/n): The world I came from has been ravaged by a thousand years of war.

Ruby: A thousand years?!

Weiss: That's impossible, right?!

(Y/n): Before the fighting, there was a great cataclysm that left entire cities in ruins. Eartquakes, tsunamis, and volcanic eruptions. The few people that remained fought eachother for survival, because desperation and trust are seldom allies. That's when the fighting started, Knights, Vikings, and Samurai killing eachother the reason lost to history. I was trained to be a Knight since the day I could walk, I got really good at it. So good, that I was inducted into the Lawbringer Order. Keep in mind I was nearly 40 years old on my world before coming here. When I was 25, I took an oath to join the Blackstone Legion, and serve it's warlord, Apollyon. She claimed to fight for peace, but as time passed, I began to question her motives. We went from battle to battle killing anyone that stood in our way. We drove the Vikings out of our land and I thought that was the end of it, but Apollyon told us to invade their homeland. We kept the Vikings on the run until we came to a fortified storehouse. It was during this battle that I finally saw Apollyon's true colors, she told us to burn the storehouse to the ground. We were there to leave the vikings with only scraps of food, by winter they would be killing each other over what food remained. Apollyon wanted only war to continue, but I had taken an oath to fight for peace. So I abandoned the Blackstone Legion and wandered from town to town offering my services to those who needed help, but I had lost my honor the day I abandoned the Legion and I can never reclaim it. I disgrace the name of the Knights just by existing now.

Blake: That's not true. No one can restore your honor for you, except you.

Yang: Dad always told Ruby and I that the first step to redemption for a mistake is to first forgive yourself, then others will follow.

(Y/n): Do you really think that someone like me, who has spent his entire life hurting people for a cause that only sought to perpetuate war and hatred can really be redeemed?

     Blake then sits up and removes her bow to reveal cat ears on her head, this caught my attention.

Blake: There are people on this planet called faunus. We have been persecuted by humanity for years, I used to be apart of a group that fought for equality, at first it was just peaceful protests. Then five years ago our leader stepped down and a new one took his place with a new way of thinking. Our protests turned into organized attacks, and the sick part was, it was working. Humanity started to see us as equals, but out of fear, so I left and decided to fight against the White Fang and try to find a new way to help humans see faunus as equals. So here I am, becoming a huntress.

(Y/n): You abandoned your old beliefs and became a new person. *smiles* hmph. Thanks for sharing that.

     Blake smiled and put a hand on my shoulder, I honestly did feel better about my choice. If Blake can change, so can I, I just need a little faith in myself. I get up and grab the cape from my armor, it still has the Blackstone Legion symbol, and took it out back behind the building, lit a match and burned the cape. I head back inside and find the others asleep. I ready myself for bed and just sit and lean against a wall and fall asleep.

Ruby POV

     I hear (Y/n) come back in and open an eye and watch him get ready for bed. I really look at his shoulder length (H/C) hair and his (E/C) eyes. He is also really well built not too brawny but not at all lean, he also has a lot of scars, guess he wasn't kidding about nearly 40 years of fighting. I close my eyes and my heart continues to race at the thought of him.

Weiss POV

     I think about (Y/n) as I fall asleep and my heart starts to race and a blush comes to my face. Even though he has been through years of unending conflict, he still very respectful and caring about individuals.

Blake POV

     I put my book away and think about the story (Y/n) told us. Even after years of hardship and battle, he is still willing to do what's right because it's right. He doesn't allow himself to give up doing the right thing, and when I told him about me being a faunus, he didn't judge me nor was he discriminatory towards faunus.

Yang POV

    I think about (Y/n) as I fall asleep and he is a hunk, and humble as well. Wondering how he might fight is getting me excited, plus he might be a great snuggler too.

Team RWBY POV

RWBY: *thought* I am in love with (Y/n)!

3rd Person POV

     With that everyone fell asleep with the girls thinking about how they might get (Y/n)'s affection. (Y/n), on the other hand, had no idea what was in store for him, but he knows he needs to redeem himself as a Knight, but how? At least he won't have to face this alone, now that he has new friends to fight for and a world that needs protection.

(A/N): Hey guys hope you are enjoying thus far. As always have a great day and PEACE OUT!!!