Author's Note

Hi all, welcome to the new version of Awakened!

I had two things to address here:

* * *

NEW VERSION OF AWAKENED (NEW POV AND PLOT):

If you've read up to Chapter 1 of the old version titled "The Past that Haunts", you're probably surprised why it was taken down and replaced with a new chapter.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience, I had to bring this book to a halt momentarily last week for a re-outlining. As I was writing the older draft Awakened, I reread the plot over and over, consulted, and brainstormed with my best friend/critique partner. We found that the current plot is too flat and predictable. I decided to reconstruct the plot which involved a change of POV.

The change is significant but after a review, I believe it would strengthen the story as a whole. If you've read up to Chapter 1 of the previous version, don't worry, you're not missing out much. I decided to take down Chapter 1 since the rewrite will involve Chapter 1 as well. Awakened will be slightly different than Translucent in terms of how the romance goes and it will involve way more mystery, which wouldn't be easy to write. I wanted to make sure to bring out my best capability in mystery/paranormal romance storytelling.

* * *

THE FUTURE OF THE INSTALLMENT

Also, seeing this is a sequel for an unpublished manuscript (Translucent) which I'm trying to query out for publication, there are chances I might put Awakened on hold in the future. Apparently writing tips suggest not to forgo sequels of the unpublished manuscript if querying is in the plan.

Anyway, in the meantime, I'll keep writing to kill what remains of the quarantine time and to keep you guys posted with the installment of Cornelius and Lisa, because to be honest, I'd love to keep you guys posted of their story.

Thank you for your understanding and thank you for reading!

-------------

x Carissa