Prologue

Even in the windiest day of spring, the grass was almost still.

Quietness grew around us. The enveloping nature listened to our thoughts. For a moment, it was as though time froze you could even hear a faint, lingering 'zing' piercing through the air. The kind of silence that was lulling yet deafening at the same time.

The other days, I would have resisted, but entering what would be the fifth time of this harmless occurance, I let things slip through my fingers. The sequence had played numerous times in my head I almost memorised the event word for word, minute for minute, that if any of it didn't fall in line, there must be something wrong.

"Why, I suppose i would continue to pursue my interest and go to school."

I heard myself speak, except it felt more like my mouth moved on its own. This was my voice. But these weren't my words. These weren't my accent. My body had become a host of some foreign entity that invaded my thoughts, taking total control of my consciousness.

Why are you in there? Have you heard of anything called privacy?

But what could you do right? The voice didn't answer me because I was the thought, and this whole thing wasn't lucid, as much as I would like it to be, and this foreign entity had kept me captive in my own head.

"Ah, men, you never change." another voice answered.

A girl, and we had this conversation running for the past few nights her presence was no longer foreign. Her willowing, long brown hair flipped when she turned around, revealing a pair of brilliant gray eyes.

Okay, I have to admit she's quite a lovely one.

I didn't realize how long we had been sitting on the hill overlooking what seemed to be a scenic landscape of a rural England, or wait, the hills and the lake before me seemed closer more to that of the Highlands. I couldn't recall if I had been there myself. Not that I remember. The sun nearly touched the edge of the lake wedged between rolling brown hills. Things couldn't be more breathtaking.

Soon I remembered turning to her. Our faces across each other as I gradually felt my hands itched to move. My fingers, out of my command, found hers before they traced the side of her cheek, the curve of her small, pointy nose.

What are you doing, mate? What would Gemma say?

Well, it wasn't like she was going to storm in and see this, right? Because what happened right was oddly comforting and again, like every other night, I let myself drowned in the sensation of my skin touching this strange's girl warm skin. My fingers stopped at below her eyes, wiping her falling tear.

"We'll be fine." He whispered–I whispered.

What? What will be fine?

But his words drowned me deeper into my head. I followed suit. The sequences might have repeated but I had no idea what these all meant.

I captured sadness in those tender, gray eyes. I leaned closer and our brows rested on each other. As our eyes met, a string of scenes followed up to the point I could no longer comprehend like broken footages: a manor, a bedroom with a window seat, the brown lavish interior with the creaking wooden floor, until the last image revealed that of her eyes – the irises almost blended perfectly with the rolling glens that began to fade into gold, yellow.

For some reason, a word flashed by. Orga.

Whatever that meant, right?

"You made me feel alive again." 'I' spoke. "My dear sweet lassie."

The last words faded until it rang and rang before an unknown force threw me upwards, like the gravity had been reversed, taking me high into the sky and away from this...Highland-ish setting until the scenery went out of view, taking the girl with it.

Everything fell in line.

And I froze midair until the void opened up to claim me.