Epilogue

Y/n's POV

As soon as we're back on the bounty, the next few moments are a blur. Zane calls out to the others, and then everyone rushing to greet us. Everybody wants to know what happened, why Zane suddenly disappeared, and who the heck the little girl in Lloyd's arms is. I don't feel like answering any questions right, now, so thankfully, Zane fills the group in while Lloyd and I back away.

"Come on, Alina, let's go get you cleaned up!" Lloyd says brightly, making Alina giggle.

I smile; I had no idea Lloyd was this great with kids. If it's even possible, it makes me love him even more.

The two of us take Alina to the bathroom, and due to her small size, we run a bath for her in the sink. There are plenty of baby-friendly soaps in the cupboard that Nya uses for Jamie, so we're all set.

Lloyd takes Alina's filthy garments and her teddy bear to the washing machine while I get started washing her hair. About fifteen minutes later, she's sparkling clean.

It's pretty late by the time we have her in a fresh set of clothing (we borrowed some of Clover's PJs), so we bring Alina to bed. We don't have an extra crib or anything, so Lloyd and I tuck her into our bed.

"Goodnight, Sunshine," I mutter, giving her a kiss goodnight. "Sweet dreams."

———————-

The next few months pass by way too fast for my liking. I love taking care of Alina, and I wish these tender moments could last forever. Lloyd seems just as content with being a father figure as I am being a mother figure, and the rest of the team have grown to love Alina just as much as we do.

We've been told that we're too young to be parents, but honestly I don't care. I've been a reckless(ish) ninja for so long, I'm ready for the peaceful part of my life. I'm still full of energy, but now I can use it for something other than saving Ninjago: taking care of my family.

————-Lloyd's POV————

After dinner, Alina and Clover go to play a board game with Zane and Pixal, which leaves me and y/n alone for a bit.

"So, whatcha wanna do?" I ask. "We've got the night to ourselves."

"Huh, I don't know..." y/n says with a yawn. "It's been a while since we've had a date night."

"True... should we go out to do something? Maybe watch a movie?"

A light bulb seems to go off in y/n's head. "I've got a better idea..."

She takes my hand and pulls me through the ship, grabbing a blanket and a couple pillows from the living room along the way. She drags me up above deck, and sets the oversized pillows on the ground beside the mast.

"Come on, sit!" She urges, pulling me down. "When was the last time we just sat out here, enjoying the peace and quiet?"

I laugh and lean against the mast. "I forgot about how peaceful it is under the stars."

Y/n snuggles up next to me, and I put an arm around her.

"This is my favourite adventure yet," I mutter quietly, staring at the night's sky.

"What is?"

"Spending my life with you."

~•~
—The end—
~•~