Ch. 15 Murky Feelings

"Good morning, I have a special announcement today" the Professor said.  "One of our law students had to return from his study abroad program, and will be joining our class.  Please give him a warm welcome!"

"Hello everyone! My name is Wayo but you can just call me Yo. Please take care of me na~".

Huh? Tine looked up to see that cute kid Pha had yelled at a couple days ago. He was a law major? No way...

"This week, you will work with your partners during class. But our new classmate will need a group to join.  Are there any volunteers?"

Tine looked back at Sarawat, but Sarawat vehemently shook his head no.  There's no way I'm letting a kid ruin my precious time with my baby  Sarawat thought to himself. 

"I'll have him".

Tine sharply turned towards the definitive voice, not quite believing his ears.   

"Oh, Mr. Kongthanin...I thought you wanted to conduct a solo project..." 

"It's ok, P'Pha" some girls spoke up. "We can take him-"

"I said he's mine."  Pha glared. The girls immediately shrunk away. 

"Well...you are a very lucky young man" the Professor smiled at Yo who looked like he might throw up. "Mr. Kongthanin is the top student in our class".

"Why do I need to see you again!" Yo hissed at Pha as he sat next to him. 

"Because you need to be under my supervision" Pha answered nonchalantly, crossing his arms.  

"Who said I needed to be supervised?!"

"I did".

"Ok class, let's break up into your groups" the Professor announced. 

It was the very first time that Tine would get to sit with Sarawat in class.  His heart fluttered as he walked towards him...until he heard the whispers. 

"Is this for real?  Since when did Tine Teepakorn hang out with that loner?"  "What if Tine's gay? Haha, there's no way!"  Tine tried to keep his head down and ignore them. 

"Hey" Sarawat gave him that half-crooked smile that made all the voices fade away.

"Hey" Tine smiled shyly.  He couldn't deny that he was happy too.  He sat down only to drop his pen.  "Here" Sarawat picked it up and handed it over, squeezing Tine's hand a little too long in the process. Tine's face flushed as he felt a tingle all over his body.  He wondered what it would be like to just lean over and capture Sarawat's lips.

"Oh my god, look at what they're doing!" Tine immediately jerked his hand away. He turned around to see some of his classmates snickering at them.   

"Are you ok?" Sarawat frowned. "You look like you're sick".

"I'm fine" Tine said quickly, avoiding Sarawat's gaze.  He could still feel the eyes on his back. 

"Are you sure? Let me check" Sarawat reached and touched Tine's forehead. 

"I said I'm fine!" Tine flinched. Shit.   Sarawat's eyes were big and vulnerable.  

"Ok, class is over!  Make sure to sit with your groups this week!" 

"Wat, I'm sorry, it was just unexpected, that's all..." Tine whispered frantically as Sarawat silently packed his stuff.

"Tine~" He was interrupted by the guys, with Yo tagging along. 

"What are you guys doing here?"