Older or Younger?

The following morning, Hatsuharu and Ritsu showed up at Shigure's to take you back. You were glad to see them, and hugged them longer than you should have, hoping to receive new memories. Nothing. You were saddened it wouldn't be as convenient as that, otherwise you would have hugged the whole Sohma family for hours until you were reunited with your past. They walked you and Momiji back home to the village and you confessed something to Haru when the others dispersed.

"I'm not sorry that I hugged you.." you stopped walking and ground your foot into the dirt nervously. Haru's surprise showed on his face. "I know I said I was back there, but I'm not sorry... I wish I could hug you and have you hug me back, because I love hugs, and I feel like you'd be a really good hugger." You joked and swung your arms awkwardly.

Haru smiled and offered his own short laugh. "I wish I could hug you too.."

You paused, getting to a point you still weren't sure you could make. The words came spilling out anyways. "I wish you could hug me because I don't really know much right now, and the more I learn, the worse I feel, and I don't know what to do, but hugs feel important." You were getting emotional and laughed, blinking back tears. "You're a good person, Hatsuharu and I wish I could show you my appreciation for that without a curse getting in the way."

Haru's smile faded and then grew before he wrapped his arms around you tight, and you felt for a brief second the embrace you needed. He transformed himself for you. You released your arms from around the cow's neck and smiled, wiping a tear that was just about to fall.

"Thanks."

"You're a good person too, (Y/n).. And maybe one day, there won't be a curse stopping us."

~

You changed your clothes, brewed a pot of tea you were too distracted to drink, and headed over to Akito's home. You went the long way, avoiding Hatori's office.

Akito's door was open when you entered, and you were a little caught off guard. Is he truly opening himself up? Despite how proud you were of him, you closed the door behind you for your own privacy. Neither of you said anything for a long while.

You laid back against the plush mat on Akito's bedroom floor as he sat curled up in that strange window. To the outside world the two of you looked completely at peace, but inside your minds, storms were brewing. You were thinking hard, as you had been since you unlocked the select memories at Shigure's the other night. You considered how dream-like the memories seemed, and how somber it made you feel when they left you.

Hatori erased your memories and it was because of Akito, you were sure of that now. But why? The two of you seemed so happy together in all your visions. It was an innocent, blossoming young love, and suddenly it was gone.

You closed your eyes and thought of how your feelings towards Akito now seemed much more mature, real, and yet somehow still deliciously new. Was it your curse to fall in love with him again?

"Tell me, (Y/n)..." His voice broke the comfortable silence and you opened your eyes, watching the ceiling. "Do you prefer older men like Hatori.. Or younger boys like Hatsuharu..?"

You narrowed your eyes at the question before a smirk contorted your face. Hatori or Haru?!? He was watching me with them?

"Or perhaps you like someone who can't decide WHAT they are, like Ritsu."

You sat up, still unable to wipe the smirk off your face, and looked at him. He wore a solemn expression, like he hadn't been teasing you at all.
"Are you.. jealous?"

At this his eyes snapped towards you, face following. You saw the sneer of his soft lips and confirmed your suspicions.
"What's there to be jealous of?"