10 | The Will of the Emperor

There is no victory in winning a hundred battles

There is no victory in winning a hundred battles. There is victory in subduing your enemy without fighting at all.

– Sun Zi, Spring and Autumn Period

•☽────✧˖°˖☆˖°˖✧────☾•

"As I said, it was impossible, your Lordship," the eldest among them added.

"In Enchantria, nothing is impossible," Alvier uttered as he pushed himself up from his chair and looked at the Enchantrian map projecting from the crystal table in front of them.

Meanwhile, back to Cithara, the young lady was still baffled about the strange visions that came into her mind. She dashed towards the castle where most of the visitors were dwelling, hoping to see her aunt.

As she walked towards the crowd, she was accidentally bumped by a mysterious man wearing a grey hood.

"Edue!" the man exclaimed, her gaze dropped towards the anxious Cithara.

"Forgive me! I didn't mean to," said Cithara.

The man took a gaze towards her and then walked away immediately.

Cithara paused for a moment, thinking about her current situation. "Strange," she sighed.

Back to the hall came the rulers of the lands with a big decision to make.

"The demons will surely come back. They will not show their presence if they don't have a plan," the leader of the Farisae spoke.

"I agree," the queen of Aquaria, a kingdom from the Western Land, added, "But... what should we do?"

"I have the best solution for that," Alvier suggested, "We must find the new Avallons!"

"The magical rings do not exist anymore, and we never encountered those kinds of creatures before. How can we fight such creatures who not only have stronger magic but also have a whole flock of mischievous demons from the Spirit Realm?"

"Let's just say that the rings still exist," said the Emperor of Mithrin, "will it be given to the Northernfolks again?"

"So what's your point?" Torin asked with annoyance that slowly flowed inside his mind. "Are you saying that Northernfolks aren't the ones who should have the power of the sacred stones? Did you forget that the Avallons saved your empire from the pesty mountain trolls?"

"That's not what I meant," the Emperor of Mithrin spoke.

"They saved you from the mountain trolls, but did they save our kingdom from the great plague?" the queen of Guevaria interrupted.

"Calm down, everybody," the Grey Wizard, Dholin, uttered, trying to let everyone remain seated calmly.

"This is why we Liberians hid away from the other kingdoms!" Aja exclaimed. "The creatures around here aren't at peace!"