Spark

My lip gloss was rolling away at 70 miles per second, the little cash I had was flying and I could feel Leslie's eye roll through my back, but I could only think of one thing. Don't look up. Don't fucking look back up at the guy giving you his hand. Guys don't take helping hands from guys when the other guy thinks you're a girl. I'm a guy. I'm a guy. I'm a guy...
He was staring at me with a bemused expression, slightly biting his lips. He had bronze skin, tanned from doing god-knows-what in the sun, and deep brown eyes that seemed to see right through my costume. He had a lean, muscular frame that shouted,'I work out sometimes' and wavy black hair that curled up with light, natural tints at the edges. I suddenly felt my head get a little light. Why was I feeling dizzy? Oh yeah, I fell. Silly me.
I took his hand, forgetting the entire I'm-a-guy rule and balanced myself finally. Damn those heels.
"Are you all right?", he asked softly. "I wasn't looking. If I'd seen you though..."
Seen me what? What did that imply? Wait, why was I caring what that implied? And why was I suddenly feeling queasy? I don't think it had anything to do with the fact that I fell.
"No, It's my fault. Don't beat yourself up over it."
"Oh, your dress", he said, pointing at my backside. Of course, there had to be some dirt smeared there. I started to rub there, hoping it didn't make me look stupid. Wait, why did I care?
"You can have my jacket. It's not so cold and it should cover you up. Though, I'd prefer you not covered up..."
Uh, thanks? Wait, was I blushing? I was! My cheeks were turning pink. Traitors.
"It's okay, you might...need it...right", I trailed off as he removed the jacket and let me glimpse his collarbone. We have truly not been created equal. I pulled my eyes of his collar bone, which for some reason I can't stop staring at and, like I'm being controlled, my body turned around and angled my derrière at him. His mouth curved slightly and he tied the jacket on.
"I'll return this to you as soon as I can. So, to whom do I owe this pleasure?", I asked, giggling. Why on earth was I giggling?
"Gabriel Velasquez. Don't call me Gabe. What about you?"
"I think I'll call you Riel. Okay, bye!", I waved and ran in the opposite direction. I stopped behind a shop and as I waited for Lily and Leslie to catch up, I thought, what.was.that?

********

I feel horrible as shit that I'm ending this chapter here, but I have waaaaay too much work this week. (Online classes will be the death of me). I'll make it up by the end of this week with another chapter, which you can think of as continuation of this chapter. Spark 2.0. And not to forget, HAPPY PRIDE MONTH, people! Lily says XOXO to everyone supporting and in the movement. Leslie is too busy decorating the dorm with rainbow flags and black civil rights posters and Zach's helping. They said hi.
See ya soon!