Chapter 5: Ghosts

I finally met the oldest. She was 16 but in 11th grade like me, too. She was my height and she looked beautiful with her fair ivory skin and dark, long hair that probably reached her butt. She owned the prettiest eyes I've ever seen...

I think she hates me.

...

"UGHHHHHHHHH."
I woke with a knock on my door and a kid singing, "Do you wanna build a snowman?"

I laughed. "Uhh, Addie, no... AGGIE. I mean, ABBY."

"Mhm, I is Abby."

"Well, I want to build a snowman. Unfortunately, it's kinda too summery for that, huh?

"YOU DIDN'T SING THE REST OF THE WORDS TO SONG."

"Aha, sorry. Come in, Abby."

She came in through my door (which had no locks) and started singing that Summer song that Olaf sang. "Hi, Auggie Lewin."

"August is just my first name. Plus it's Llewellyn. And I thought you decided it was Lelewin."

She shrugged and stubbornly said, "Lewin."

A girl (the hyper one... Casey? Nevermind, I'm completely lost) popped her head in. "AYE. GOOD MORNING KIND SIR."

An unknown voice ran through the hallways, in a sing-songy way. "Adri finished making the pancakes."

Daphne patted Casey's head. "Hi, freaks."

Casey bursted downstairs. "BONZAIIII!!!"

Little Abby was pulling me out of bed as this all happened.

"Wait, I need to change."

Little Abby shook her head. "Breakfast in pajams unless you no want pancakes."

"Pajams?" I repeated, laughing at her adorableness. "At least lemme go wash my mouth."

"I wait here."

"Yeah, you do that. Just stay here and wait." I prepared myself in my bathroom and despite what Abby said, I put on another shirt, one that didn't smelled like drool.

When I came out, Abby had not listened and had gone through my backpack. She was "reading" my book, Legend aloud. But it she made up words as she went. Aw, that was actually cute. Adorable.

"Come one, Abby, lets go down. Wanna show me the where the pancakes are?"

She nodded, giddy.

I smelled them before I saw them. As soon as I reached the living area, I smelled the sweet aroma.

"Harry!" Abby cried.

For a second I thought there might be a dog named Harry but then I realized she was saying "Hurry".

"No more pancakes if we wait. Adri cook good."

I realized that for Abby's age, she spoke weirdly... As if she didnt speak often. Her voice came out strained. It seemed as if she was speaking as loud as she could... But it still wasn't enough. Plus her grammar, but I guess that's because she's a kid but still. Cute, anyway.

"Whoa."

The dining area was as big as my living room at home... I mean it wasn't saying much because only Mom and I lived back there so we didn't need a big house, but still. They had a large, shiny, dark, wooden table with matching chairs. There was no tablecloth to fancy it up but there was a short pot-like vase in the center that had three white daisies which seemed to be slightly wilting. Everything seemed so aesthetic. I tried to make our home like that but it's not like I had anyone impress.