Chapter 2

MJ sighed, turning off the light and placing her hand over her face, pulling on the skin. She was growing sleepy but was unsure whether it was worth the risk. Dylan had not spoke to them for the rest of the day, giving them no clues as to what was happening.

What if she fell asleep and missed the get together?

What if they'd already missed it?

What if he'd been caught?

What if Dylan was expelled?

What if Felix was caught with him?

Oh dear god!

Nope, she wasn't sleeping.

Suddenly there was a shrill noise, MJ leaping from her bed in a catlike way.

The high pitched yell continued, all three girls waking up fully to realise what it was. The fire alarm.

Not a word was said as all three grabbed their emergency bags, MJ putting on her cardigan as she snatched all three sets of keys.

They ran down the corridor, followed by many other children and soon pushed their way outside. The cold air hit them in the face with sudden shock, and MJ was glad she'd thrown on her cardigan.

She was in a pair of dark blue pyjama shorts, with white spots, and matching top. Her cardigan was a cream colour, and left open seeing as it had no buttons. Her feet were covered by off white slipper boots and her hair was still in its plaits, messier than they were earlier because she'd been lying on them.

Grace was still warm, her red Harvard hoodie locking in the heat she'd gathered whilst sleeping. Her legs were completely covered by an old pair of black leggings, the material thin and causing her to shiver slightly and pull her hoodie down further. On her feet were a pair of brown owl slippers, her personal favourite. Before she'd gone to sleep she had put her hair in one long braid down the middle of her scalp and now it swished around as she walked, the hairs still held tightly in place.

"I don't remember a fire drill tonight. Then again I don't pay attention in meetings" Ana mumbled, eyes blotchy from crying but neither of her friends said a word.

She was in her usual sleep get up. A black tank top, covered by a blue and black checked shirt, with the words "idiot" painted on it. It was apparently given to her by one of her past "fathers", Grace and MJ didn't pry and just accepted it. Black joggie bottoms fell around her hips, constantly tied for they were too big. Her hair was still in its messy bun, her feet snugly fitted in knee height black and white slipper boots.

"Nope, they said nothing. It must be a real fire" Grace grumbled, wishing the flames had waited 'til morning.

MJ nodded her head, looking around for Felix in the sea of people. She didn't have to look for long, spotting him slowly make his way over to her.

"Thank god you're alright" he sighed, pulling her in for a quick hug. MJ blushed, nuzzling into his neck like she had countless times before.

"Gee, thanks for your concern" Ana shouted, the two letting go of each other sheepishly.

"I didn't smell any smoke, did you guys smell smoke?" Connor ran towards Grace, concern on his face.

"Nope, do think it's just a drill?" Grace answered, the group coming together to stand in a circle.

"Wait" MJ stopped the discussion that followed on possible scenarios "Where's Dylan?"

The team stopped, a wave of realisation passing over them.

"You don't think..." Grace trailed off searching for the usual messy dark hair she saw every morning.

Ana looked around and immediately finding the dark eyes she was looking for.