chapter - 07

„lost memories"

"Oka-san! Tell Ayumi to stop ruining my toys!", little Mia says to the older woman.

"Hanako, your little sister just wants to play with you.", she replied.

Hanako?

Mia sees through the eyes of the little girl with bright blue hair who was called Hanako.

"Onee-san kept on pushing me!", another little girl says, she was much younger and had jet black hair that was right above her shoulders.

"Serves you right!", little Mia says as she pointed her sister.

"Hanako!", a loud booming voice erupted from a middle-aged man.

Father

"That is not the attitude of a heiress.", he lectured the little girl.

Mia had tears in her eyes, fearing that her father might hate her from the incident. But the man just sighed.

"Hanako, you must learn how to get along with your little sister, even if the person seems intolerable.", the man says calmly as he places his hands on the little girl's shoulder.

"Yes otto-san!"

"Faster!", Hiroshi instructed his 12 year old daughter with a strict voice. She was crowned heiress of their clan. It was decided the moment his first born inherited the bright blue hair trait from the Shinozaki main family.

The little girl swung her katana faster even though her arms are sore. She knows her responsibility even at the very young age for her father always repeated it.

"That's enough. Tomorrow I'm going to introduce to you on how to utilize your chakra.", her father announced.

The little girl sighed in relief, it was time to rest. She went in their house to rest and passed by the big painting of their family.

"Onee-san!", a little boy with black hair approached her.

"Giro!", she smiled at him, "Where's Ayumi?", she asked her little brother.

"She's cooking dinner with Oka-san! We're having fried tempura tonight! With ramen!", the little boy announced happily.

"Ohh, that's nice! Let's go?"

"Hai!"

"Why are you doing this?! Father trusted you!", a much older Mia was in the picture.

"This was necessary. Your father was too blind to see the dangers of this clan may bring.", an older man tells her.

Mia was struggling to see as her vision blurred. She looks around and saw her family slaughtered.

"Your clan should be erased from existence! Especially you, Hanako-chan.", the man rolled his tongue when he says the girl's name as he deviously smiles at her, "You're far too powerful, especially now that your father is dead."

Mia's eyes were burning in anger. How could he do this? He was a trusted doctor of their clan. They have shown him nothing but kindness by giving him a place to stay when he was found dying near their place.

"Die you piece of shit!", she shouted at him.

Mia took action by snatching her katana which caught the man off guard.

"Oh, getting brave are we?", the man mocked her, "If you just drank the tea that I gave you, everything would've gone smoothly."

"Stop talking!", a bright blue glow was erupting from the girl's body as scales start to appear.

"So this is the power, I didn't plan to see it but a little demonstration would be nice."

Mia shouts with rage as her blood boiled. She runs directly at him and quickly slides to the enemy's side. With no hesitation, she slashed him deep enough to leave him immobilized.

"You think I was training for nothing? Daiji?", she tells him with a low voice, only to hear chuckles from the dying man.

"What did your training do when I killed everyone else?", the man once again laughed, "Even if I die, I have fulfilled my task. And even if you're alive, you have nothing else to live for."

"I said shut the fuck up!", Mia couldn't control herself as she stabs the man multiple times until his body was unrecognizable. The 15 year old girl did this while tears were running down her cheeks.

She sat there, with nothing else but her whole body covered in blood.

Mia finally opened her eyes. She sat up and observed her surroundings. The room was quite small, Mia assumed the group checked in while she was passed out.

"Mia-chan! You're awake!", Sakura exclaims as quickly walks to her side.

"Where are the others?", the girl asks.

"Oh, the boys shared a room while you and I have our own room. I figured you want to have your own since you have a lot to think about.", Sakura answers as she looks at the girl closely.

She seems different. Like she's giving off a whole new vibe.

"Are you okay?", Sakura asks the girl in front of her.

"Huh? Yeah, why?"

"Nothing."

Silence enveloped their environment. It was awkward. Suddenly, their door burst open, catching the attention of the two ladies.

"Sakura-chan!", a loud voice boomed coming from their hyperactive friend.

"Naruto! Keep it down!", Sakura scolded him.

"Mia-chan! You're awake!", Naruto pointed out.

"Naruto, stay with her while I go inform Neji.", Sakura told the blonde.

"No problem!"

Mia looks at them with a confused face.

Who the fuck is Mia?

She thought, and it clicked her.

Oh, right. That's what they called me.

"Ano, Sakura-chan, Naruto-kun, call me Hanako.", the girl says to both teens.

"Eh?! Why?", Naruto replies with a confused look.

"It's my name. My real name. Mia was given to me by the people who adopted me.", Hanako informs them.

"Oh, so you do remember now. That's good, I'll inform Neji. I'll be right back.", Sakura says as she walked out of the room.

"So you remember now huh? That's why you seem different.", the jinchiruuki points out as he sits on the edge of Hanako's bed.

"Yeah, it's a weird feeling. It's like I have these two complete opposite personalities in one person.", Hanako looks up and lays down comfortably, "But what happened before I passed out? I was having different flashes of memories, it's kind of hard to know what I was doing."

"You beat up Neji, and you were really weird ya'know? You had a blue glow all over and your body had scales."

Hanako became quiet for a few minutes, processing what Naruto just said.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean for that to happen. I remember my father telling me to just wear something as a barrier for my powers.", Hanako says honestly, "I just can't remember what it is exactly."

The door once again opens to reveal Neji, who has a few bandages wrapped around him, and Sakura who was assisting him.

"Neji-san! Gomen, I lost control.", Hanako bows in shame.

"It's alright, I'm glad you got back your memories.", Neji replies politely, "However, I hope you don't mind telling us who you really are and what powers you have that we're dealing with."

"I guess that's fair.", Hanako looks down sadly.

"I'm Hanako Shinozaki, the eldest and the heiress of the Shinozaki clan."