6. I'm just a moment

Oh for the love of all that is good in this world, my head kills! That Jaeger doesn’t seem so good now. My hood is up, attempting to block out even the smallest noises, which have become an irritant this morning. I feel my empty stomach churn and push horribly, and have to take long careful breaths to keep myself from spewing my guts up all over the tour bus.

“Sore head?” Flyzik slams a coffee down beside me, as his voice pierces through my skull.

“Yes. Cheers.” I try to sound appreciative of the coffee, but it comes out more sarcastic than anything else.

“I heard you and Alex get in this morning, no wonder you're less than fresh this morning” He chuckles softly. I'll get no sympathy here, I should have known better really.

This is when Rian passes. He throws me a grave look, and I remember. I remember everything he said, and the shame reappears like a stubborn stain. I smiled and laughed with my brother last night like nothing was wrong. That's as bad as lying right to his face. I feel so awful with myself.

“Woah, someone has a hangover” I almost turn to hit Jack for this, but I realise he's not speaking to me.

“Ugh” Alex Barely manages even this groan. He falls onto the seat across from me and Flyzik.

“God. You look worse than I feel” I groan, noticing his greenish colour.

“I blame you. Bad influence on me” He mumbles, rubbing his eyes. This doesn't even deserve an answer, I simply scoff at this, and take a sip of coffee.

We're in Glasgow tonight. The place I used to come and see the guys play, before I knew. Before I knew Alex was my brother, and everything changed forever. It's so strange being back here, in such different circumstances. The movement of the bus isn't helping my “illness” in the slightest, so I'm glad when we stop near the o2. Two dates in Glasgow means a hotel room for a night. The Hilton. Only the best of course. A room alone for the night, not cramped in a bunk between Alex and Jack. I can't tell you how thankful I am for this opportunity at an escape.

In a moment of anger and frustration at the situation I've put myself into, I throw myself onto my bed, very melodramatically. It's a bit more bouncy than I expected and I have to grab hold of the sheets to stop myself rolling over the edge onto the floor.

“God dammit” I mutter to myself “I can't even lie down without messing it up” This is when I hear a gentle knock on the door. I don't care who it is. I'm in no mood to socialize with humanity.

“Go away, I'm not here” I yell, muffled from under the pillow I've pushed over my face.

“Let me in!” Jack sounds fraught with panic, so I drag myself from the bed to let him in. He nearly knocks me over, running past me, more frantic than I've ever seen him.

“Shut the door! Lock it! NOW!” I'm so taken aback that it takes me a moment to register what he's said, but I lock the door anyway.

“What the hell is going on Jack?!” I quiz him, demanding an answer. He paces back and forth for a moment, looking like he's just committed an awfully terrible crime.

“Alex knows” The words hit me like ten thousands knives, driving painfully through my stomach.

“What?” My shaking, cracking voice is barely audible. He just nods.

“No no no, this...this isn't possible” I begin to pace as well, tears forming in my eyes. “How?!”

“I don't know. All he said was that he's not stupid, and then he punched me” I look up in surprise