Chapter 3

Lucia's POV

They both looked at me, confused, as I began to walk.

What?

"Can we first know your name?" The blonde girl gently asked.

Oh yeah, right.

"L-Lucia. I'm from here."

"A-and you?" I asked back, a bit embarrassed.

" I'm Ashley. Has it always been like... this?" she asked back.

Is she talking about the Plagas and stuff?

"Not really...? I'm sorry, but I really don't have this much time, so let's move on quickly." I replied as I gave them a blobfish-like smile.

Honestly, I had other plans for tonight, but since Luis seems to be counting on me...

I just hope I won't collapse in front of them...

As they followed me, I showed them around the castle. We passed through a lot of rooms, and puzzles that I never decided to bother myself with, and ended up in the room that lead to the towers.

As we met a little group of Zealots, I became pretty much impressed with Leon's skills.

Is this what a secret agent does?

He'd just kill twenty people when I'd have barely the time to kill three.

He reloaded his rifle.

"What are we going to find, here?" Ashley asked.

"Absolutely nothing... That's why I have to get you both out of here."

When I meant absolutely nothing...

Of course, I wouldn't joke.

The only thing you could get from going through this castle was a whole bunch of problems.

We continued our journey until we got into a large room with a balcony above. When we approached, my teeth gritted when I recognized Salazar's unsupportable laughter.

Already?

He appeared on the small balcony above us, with both of his two Verdugos, including...

my father.

I closed my eyes, trying to ignore this situation.

Every time I saw him in this state I just wanted to cry.

When Salazar noticed me, a carnivorous smile appeared on his face.

"I was starting to wonder when you might notice us." He condescendingly said.

When Leon and Ashley lifted their gazes to actually look at him, I eased myself a bit.

Okay, maybe this situation is a tiny bit ridiculous.

Why is he on this balcony, anyway?

"Who are you?" Leon said apprehensively as he gently let his hand rest on his pistol holster.

"Me llamo Ramon Salazar, the eighth Castellan of this magnificent architecture. I have been honored with the prodigious power of the great Lord Saddler. I've been expecting you, my bretherns."

I bit my tongue.

Power? What a joke.

"No thanks, bro." Leon replied. 

I scoffed.

Oh well.

" My my, we've got a feisty one. If you care for your well-being, I suggest you surrender yourself and simply...become our hostage. Or, Mr. Scott, you can give us the girls, since you're not worth a penny, I'm afraid. You can die."