Chapter Two - He's Dangerous

Chapter two:

The school bell for lunch finally came and after two periods, math and science, I was exhausted. I got up from my sole seat and packed away my pencil case, my books and water bottle safely into my hands and headed out of the room and down to my locker.

Instantly after I put away my belongings and grabbed my lunch I made my way to the back bleachers away from every other student and being in the school. As you may have guessed I wasn’t included in any sort of group. It was me, myself and I.

And to be completely honest I found comfortable being alone. Of course I didn’t necessarily like it, but being the only feeling I was surrounded by, I felt comfortable and at ease with no one to interfere.

Every school lunch time I would make my way to the soccer field, climb up the bleachers and sit right at the top. I felt at peace.

I un-wrapped my sandwich and only had enough appetite to finish half of it before I then wrapped it away and trashed it. 

I looked out into the sky and across the horizon and all over this part of the school. It was hard being alone but it was the only feeling I knew. It wasn’t that there was something particularly wrong with me it was just I was shy of going out. I was shy of being the first to start up a conversation or even gain the knowledge to speak to someone, anyone, and really with being quiet no one paid it back to me.

Suddenly, I heard a knock at my side and so I immediately turned around ready to attend to any danger I had myself in.

I looked up and was blinded with bright sunlight but what stood out to me, oh so evidentially, were two dominant greyish blue eyes. Cameron! I knew it! 

What was he doing here? How did he find me?

“I never got to introduce myself in class…my name is Cameron ”

I know that! How could I not!

I just simply nodded my head.

“Can I take a seat here Aiofe?.”

A seat? Here? What?

I nodded my head yet again.

“I sort of well wanted to check out the soccer field round here and then looked up and saw your pretty face. What are you doing here? By yourself?” he pondered. Looking straight at me. Although my face was turned the opposite direction.

“uhmm…I don’t know I just always sit here” I took the confidence to whisper.

“always? Why don’t you sit with maybe another girl or something”

I shook my head and gathered my feet up to my chest. Almost hugging myself.

“ CAMERON MATE!” a boy yelled from below us. Interrupting us. It was Cody. He was on the school’s hockey team. He, unlike 99% of the male population here at this school, was a very respectable boy, quite intelligent and I appreciated that so much. He knew my brother Nate and he never bothered me.

But then again, he never went out of his help me when other bullied me.

“Come down buddy. Come on with us.” A boy, Zach, butted in. Now he always got on my nerves. But I didn’t mind him, I stayed clear off of him.

They were calling him over to hang out with them. I suddenly didn’t want Cameron to leave my side. He was the first person, in maybe forever, to ever have the interest to come up and talk to me. I was used to people leaving me and deciding against me and I slowly learnt to deal with the rejection. But this hurt.

“Do you mind if I go with them?” Cameron turned to me. Why the hell does my permission matter?

“S-sure” I said.

“Thank you! You’re amazing…would you like to come with us?” he pointed out as they were also girls that were amongst the group below us. I’m amazing?

No! no! What the hell?

“No please its fine”

“Okay, well I’ll catch you around Aiofe, have a nice day for me yeah?” he smiled. Whenever he talked to me he would always have his full, un-divided attention and he would always look into my eyes. He was dreamy as ever.

His eyes would nail right onto your own and he wouldn’t move them a bit. It was almost as though he was looking into your soul and this would seem very creepy, especially since we had just met, but it was the most romantic and special thing I had ever experienced a guy doing.

I loved it.

Our eyes held onto each other for about 45 seconds. The longest 45 seconds, before he smiled sweetly, grabbed his brown paper back, with presumably his lunch inside, jumped the bleachers and joined to boys and girls down.

What?

And within 2 minutes they were gone. He was gone.

He was incredible.

He was insanely gorgeous. So extremely sweet with his words and such a gentleman…and he was so, so caring. My gosh.

He must be dangerous. I just knew it! He had to be