Chapter 14 I Miss Him

-Calienia's P.O.V.-

"And so now you know. He was my absolute bestest friend along with Suzu, but before Suzu he was my one and only friend. With his help I made many friends and I had a life because of him. That's why it tore me apart to see him die before me." I said stroking Suzu's fur.

I was laying in bed next to Gaara facing him with a sleeping Suzu in front of me. Gaara was laying next to me on the other side of Suzu listening to my story and giving me a sad look. A look of pity.

"It's ok to cry you know. If you need to?" Gaara asked and I shook my head.

"I have cried an endless river for my dear friend. Now the tears have dried up and I realized I need to move on with my life. Kokoro would be disappointed in me if all I ever did was cry..."

Gaara nodded though he continued to give me a sad look.

"Will going to Shinpigakure..stir up more painful memories?"

"Probably..."

"And your prepared for that?"

"The feudal lord of the land of mystery has asked to see me. I can't turn him down. After all I'm still a ninja of the hidden mystery."

Gaara nodded again and I sighed snuggling into Suzu's warm silky fur.

"So have you ever met him before?"

I shook my head.

"No, in fact I've never seen the feudal lord before..not even on a picture or anything.."

"So how does he know you were alive and why did he track you down for so long?" Gaara asked and I shrugged.

"The breakaway Hokage must have told him about my heart. It's rather special so.."

Gaara nodded again and brushed a few strands of hair from my face.

"We've had a big day, try and get some sleep ok?"

This time I nodded and closed my eyes drifting off to sleep.

***The Next Day***

 We had all gotten up a bit early and ate breakfast before we grabbed our things and headed out. We had been traveling for four days. Shinpigakure was pretty far but we were just about there. Somewhere along the way when we were really close to the hidden sound I strayed from the path and into the woods.

"Calienia?" Gaara asked.

"Yo, where are you going??" Kankuro added.

"I just need a minute, Suzu you coming?"

Suzu nodded and followed me into the woods. We kept walking until we came up to some rose bushes. We pushed away the rose vines cutting ourselves a bit but we didn't care. We finally saw the seal mark on the ground and I frowned.

"I told you I'd come back.."

FLASHBACK!

Right before Suzu managed to tug me away from Kokoro's corpse, I made him lay down and put a seal mark on his chest. The earth had swallowed his body whole and the seal mark laid on top of the ground. I had hidden it as best as I could with leaves and such before standing up.

"Kokoro I promise I'll be back, then I can bury your body with the rich soil of the land of mystery."

And with that I took off with Suzu.

FLACKBACK END!

I loved how roses had grown there, the earth itself was protecting my dear friend. I sighed and undid the seal with hesitation. Me and Suzu backed up as the earth parted and Kokoro's body came out of the ground.

He had looked just as he did the night he died. I felt that pinch in my heart again and Suzu looked over at me.

"Cali-Chan are you ok?"

"What about you Suzu? Your crying."

Suzu's eyes widened a bit in shock. I hadn't looked over at her until she did. Suzu wiped her small tears away with her paw and I sat next to her before picking her up and hugging her, sitting on my legs.

"It's ok to cry, I miss him to."

Suzu nodded and I felt more of her tears fall on my neck. I hugged her tighter and looked over at Kokoro's body before releasing a tear or two of my own. It wasn't all just about me. Kokoro and Suzu were suffering to, just as much. I had been selfish moping all the time and they wore smiles to keep me happy.

I couldn't be there for Kokoro even when he lost his dad, but I sure as heck could be there for Suzu now. We needed each other, especially in a moment like this. When Suzu calmed down I set her down and we wiped away our tears.

I took out a scroll and half dragged Kokoro's corpse onto it. His body disappeared on the paper and I rolled it up before shrinking the scrolls size and put it in my bag.

"Alright Suzu, let's get back to the others." I said wiping my face of emotion but I could somehow feel the sorrow lingered in my eyes.

Suzu nodded and jumped into my arms. We headed back to the others who were waiting patiently and we headed out to Shinpi again.

************************************************************************

The next chappy will be SO much longer and this chappy actually gave me some new ideas for the story :) I hope you guys r done being sad cause the next chappy is a happy one! Pic to the side is Kokoro.

PEACE!