One

"What the actual hell Lily?!" Alex boomed when Lily walked up, half an hour late. "Sorry, Shawn isn't in a good mood today." Alex and Liese looked down, feeling guilty.
"It's okay guys, you didn't know." Lily smiled. Liese, her upbeat-self, asked with a smile, "So who's up for some surfing?" Lily was grateful for Annaliese. She's so happy all the time, and such a great friend. Lilian really did love her.

"Not me," Alex doesn't really like deep water. It's not that he was scared, he just didn't like it, like he doesn't like people. There isn't any particular reason, he just. . . doesn't. Lily loves water, but she's not that good at surfing. Liese is still in the process of teaching her to ride waves.
"You're a fish, Alex. I'll go, Liese."
"Thanks Lily. Do you need any help this time?"
"Hah, probably. I don't know, I heard the waves aren't supposed to be that big all this week."
"Hurray for North Carolina." Liese said, with a sarcastic tone. Alex toned in, "Be chill." And with that, the girls took off their sundresses and revealed their bathing suits.

Alex stared at Lily while she ran with the board, taking in her feminine figure. She doesn't wear such revealing clothes very often, because she felt that it showed too much of her body, and her BDD (Body Disfunction Disorder) really didn't help. Wow, Lily looks stunning. She always does. . . Alex thought to himself. She was wearing a black bikini with little grey skulls and maroon roses. He then looked at Liese, laughing at something the guy behind the surfboard booth said. She was wearing a pure turquoise bikini, with frills on the ends. His best friends were beautiful, and they were completely blind to it. Lily has an excuse, but it doesn't matter. She's absolutely gorgeous, and he probably won't ever get to tell her how he feels, or how happy she makes him. He looked down at his clothes. He was wearing a My Chemical Romance tank, and dark blue-jeans. When Liese ran to the water with Lily, Alex closed his eyes and put his beanie over them, trying to rest from the stressful, sleepless night he had.

Liese had had enough with the surfboard guys flirting with her, and told Lily about the one that just happened. "Just start telling them you're not interested." She offered. Liese took in the information and agreed with Lily that it was a good idea. They ran into the water, and laid down on their rented surfboards. Then, they paddled themselves closer to where the waves hit hard. For a while they just sat there, talking. Lily decided it would be a good time to tell Liese how she felt about Alex. "Hey, Annaliese?"
"Oh no, you said my real name. What's up?"
"I need to tell you something."
"What is it?" Liese asked, worried.
"Well, I've felt like this for a while, but I haven't really had the guts to tell Alex, or you even. I--"
"Wave!!" Liese cut her off. They steadily stood up on their boards, and caught a wave. It wasn't major, but it was decent sized. They both rode it for a while, but it collapsed over them. They fell off, hanging on to their boards so they didn't have to go find them.

Lily and Liese got back on their boards and laughed. They looked to see if Alex was still sleeping, but he was sitting up, straining to look for them. That made the girls laugh even harder and louder, and Alex caught sight of them. He relaxed and laid back down. Lily told Liese she was worn out, and went back to shore. She returned her board and quietly went over to Alex, sneaking up on him. The sun was setting, and that just made it all the easier to stand over him. Lily crouched down a little, and pushed on his chest. He quickly sat up, and smiled as he looked up at Lily standing over him. She pushed him down again, and then laid on him. They were both laughing at this point, and Alex was smiling so much it hurt his face. He lightly gripped her waist and pushed her off, and placed himself in a dominant position, hovering over her. Done laughing, Alex raked his hand through his hair. Lily stopped laughing and stared at him. She had been thinking of saying it for a while, and she finally did. "You're so amazing Alex..." He was surprised she had said this. His stomach felt all light and he felt loved. He usually does when he's around the girls, but it's not like this. No, this was a different kind of love. He was about to tell her he loved her, and then Liese walked up. "Hey guys. What were you going to tell me earlier Lily?" Lily stuttered out a "N-nothing." And Liese shrugged it off.

Dammit, Alex thought.