Chapter II:

The rain got heavier, the only thing that I could hear was the impact of water into the muddy road.

A voice inside my head suddenly started screaming at me, telling me to move and not just stand there. My confusion was still fighting back from the screaming voice.

Question after question started to flood my thoughts, defeating the arguing; screaming voice and confusion.

What was Johnny doing here, more importantly why was he covered in blood? What happened to him? Why didn't he come?

Why didn't he come?

This question stuck out the most. I don't know why but...it just does. Then it suddenly dawned on me.

How can I be so foolish! My friend was covered in blood and I just stood there. Thinking about silly questions.

I didn't even notice that he slid down to the ground. I practically loath myself right now.

I ran up to him, then knelt beside him. I hesitated before touching his wrist. I looked for any bruises, or anything that would show any signs of struggle.

I felt for his pulse, his heartbeat was slower than usual.

I panicked,"Don't die! Please don't die!" I yelled at him. I looked around for another living creature, but there was none.

He seemed to respond from my calling because he stirred a little bit.I lifted his shirt and looked for the wound that caused all of the blood in his shirt.

The sight of the wound made me want to run away from him. I wanted to throw up, it was---it was very gruesome.

The wound was atleast three inch long and pretty deep. It was close by his heart---thank goodness it wasn't his heart.

I tore the side of my skirt and slowly bandaged the wound. He moaned again and slowly opened his eyes.

"You fool! Stop moving, you're going to bleed yourself to death!" I yelled at him, but feeling a little bit releaved that he was strong enough to open his eyes.

I secured the bandage tightly to slow down the flow of blood out from his body.

"I'm sorry," he croaked,"you must have waited in the playground really long." He tried to laugh but failed, wincing for the effort.

My eyes started to blur, his words were too much to bare. How can he appologize to me when he was hurt, when he should be worrying if he's going to survive.

I stood up and ran, trying to look for anybody, someone, anyone who would be out right now who would help Johnny.

"Where are you going?!" He yelled after me. I just ignored him running faster, squinting my eyes from tears and rain.

I turned a corner wiping my eyes and suddenly bumped into someone. I stumbled back, and quickly regained my balance.

I looked in front of me and saw the most breathtaking human being in the world. She was wearing a white lace dress that flowed down until her perfectly polished boots. She was also holding a very elegant umbrella.

"Pardon me, I'am really sorry for bumping into you." I said.

"Its alright, are you hurt?" She asked really concerned.

"I'm alright, but my friend is not. W-will you help! He's really hurt and..." 

I stumbled with my words trying to hold myself together.

Without giving her the chance to answer, I pulled her where I left Johnny. I must say I did feel a bit bad for dirtying her dress.

When we reached Johnny I was panting. While trying to catch my breath I heard the lady gasp, she looked very stricken maybe from the sight of blood, or her beautiful dress now turned into a brown heap of mess.

"Please, I really need your help," I begged. She hesitated at first, but soon agreed.

I shook Johnny trying to wake him up. He moaned and slowly opened his eyes, like it took all his strength just to do so. He smiled,"I thought you'd never come back."

I saw his eyes look to my left, and then saw the person who was with me. He paled from her sight then blacked out.

******************************

Pls. Comment and Fan