Chapter 23

Noah and I spent the next several hours training. Once I had shifted into 'wolf form' and used up a couple moments taking in the foreign feeling, Noah, too, had altered his body to that of a wolf's. His fur tremendously dark, virtually as shadowy as the midnight sky and his body much larger compared to mine, towering over me as clouds of fog absently departed his snout with the huffs he created. I didn't know if I was forced to crane my neck to look up at him for the reason that he was Alpha, or because I was just naturally so small.

I didn't encompass immediate control once I had shifted, and as a result when Noah had distorted into his four legged animal I couldn't impede my body from instinctively stepping closer to his. My body swelled with adoration and love; emotions I knew did not originate from me, but the animal's body I was in. When I had attained close proximity to Noah he didn't pause, instead the wisps of fog I previously studied faded into my fur as he growled into my face, baring his sharp teeth and snapped his unrelenting jaw.

Instantly I flinched, backing away with a whine. My chest sank with the tearing feeling I remembered from the night I was taken, that awful ripping your heart out feeling. My chest ached with rejection as Noah unrelentingly growled and snapped into my face. My head descended lower to the ground with each whine that escaped my mouth in an attempt for mercy, and soon enough I could smell the stale leaves, and taste the sour dirt as my snout completely sank in the dirt. Breathing in the earth's musk Noah's head bared over mine in dominance his eyes darker than I had ever seen them before, and his body appearing more muscular and dominating. Somehow I knew that the animal in front of me was not Noah at all, it was the monster that so desperately clawed on his interior to be let loose, it was the same immortal that processed my body in that moment, except his was more powerful, it was all the bad he had ever kept inside realised.

It was my Alpha.

Something inside of me stilled with the realisation. My thoughts-the ones I had no control over-shifted from adoration towards her mate to frightful of her Alpha, and it was just as quick when I glanced up at Noah to witness the same look in his eyes, there was no acknowledgment that he was barring such sharp canines at his soulmate.

The stillness I felt from mere moments ago was gone, and in its place was a horrible migraine, as if there was something more inside of me constantly pounding on some metaphorical door. My torso fell to the ground to inline with my snout, I pressed my head further into the dirt to try to ease some pain, yet it just got worse.

Noah's power and dominance eased up immediately after that, allowing his body to retreat away from mine with a final huff. Moments after he left to change, his voice coming from the privacy of a tree.

"Buon lavoro Skylar, your wolf submitted."

I opened my mouth to communicate, yet unintentually a whine slipped out. Noah's head peeked out from behind the tree and I caught a glimpse of his shirtless torso. His eyes scanned my body with a look of concern before something clicked in his mind.

"Oh, your head should ease up within a couple of hours, it's the pack link. It allows us to communicate with each other whilst in wolf form. The pain is the presence of the pack who is currently shifted. Once you've gained control over your own wolf it will go away."

His head disappeared back behind the privacy of the trees, and I was left with his words echoing into my head. His strong voice returned moments later,

"Now it's your turn. To gain the control of your wolf you must do what I have just done, but in the interior of your mind. Think of your wolf as your pet, not a part of you but apart you have access to, something you have the leash to, you must be dominating." His words reverberated throughout the field, distantly becoming quieter and quieter.