Unknown Origins (prequel)

CHAPTER 1 the daily life of Eva the vampire

             I woke up this morning (well OK not really but we get the point) to a dark room, mostly due to my curtains being shut, and walked down the hall of my blue Victorian era house to get a drink. That's right boys and girls a drink. My parched, blood-thirsty self dragged down the hall into my kitchen to the back door, i walked into a cold , not that i could feel It, dewey morning. I guess when you eight hundred twenty years old outside changes a lot. I saw it then, a grey wolf looked me in the eyes, it was on i was the predator he was the prey. He turned into the woods slowly as if he knew of my hunger, and howled I picked up speed running quickly and swiftly. Dodging low branches we came to a rock in the woods.

            I satisfied my thirst, wiped my mouth on the back of my hand and cleaned up the blood off my shirt. I walked with a little more bounce knowing my face was glowing and impurities had disappeared. Good thing living in the mountains had sheltered me from having answered questions like "Wow what type of skin cream do you use?" or these ones are great "Have you considered being a model?". I've lived long enough I guess, I don't know how I became vampiric my mother died holding me in her arms as her attacker murdered her. I don't know why it wasn't me too as a small four year old, a neighbor had found me and I was put into foster care.

       You could say it was a super natural foster home some were rare half blood vampires, some angels, some werewolves, and demons. Were not all bad you know? The angels and demons used to hangout behind the brick wall of the foster home. Any way my thirst was sated at least until I was eighteen. I moved out and began my own life in eleven thousand ninety two. I guess you're thinking vampires don't grow. But we do, from birth to age eighteen it's like puberty for humans but for blood suckers. So all through those years I lived in many places like China, Germany, Ireland and now I live in Alaska deep in the mountains. I'm originally from Italy hence the dark skin, the green eyes however are not my mother's maybe they are no-show-daddy's. 

             I don't remember my mother's attacker's face all I saw was a blur and piercing green eyes much like my own. I walk out the door and go to my new "job" I guess you could call it that. A waitress in a cute nineteen fifties diner an occasional customer comes in and sometimes I get asked for my number. It may be the eyes or maybe the brown-blond hair, the world will never know. I come in and Jennette, the only other waitress is already cleaning tables and had hung a "help needed" sign on the door. "hey Jennette" I said she replied in her angel-like falsetto " hey so busy right?" we both laughed or rather giggled at the joke.

               After many hours of cleaning the already cleaned floor and windows, the bell  that is above the door rang. Someone actually came in? I thought to myself. I turned and said "welcome to the Dynamo Diner how may I help you?" Then I turned around and met deep sea blue eyes, a tan body, and with a muscular build and a strong jaw with a mop of messy-but-perfectly-placed blond hair. I couldn't move I couldn't speak I handed him a menu and walked briskly away. I later came back as a cool collected self and asked him what he would like he said " I'm not here to order, I saw your "help needed" sign outside." "Oh" was all I could reply.

                                                               CHAPTER 2  supernatural dish boy

        I went back and told Jennette there was someone in for a job she said " well you'll have to interview them because my shift is ending in 3,2,1 mmk so it's official my shift is done." She walked out with a sarcastic smirk. I returned and started to interview. "well what part of the job did you want there's waiting..." he cut me off " I'd just like whatever's available please." Well snippy aren't we? "So it's official your a dsh boy." I got up and started to close up as a strong grip gathered my things from my hands. "Hey I can get that." He just chuckled and asked "alright uh what's your name?" "Eva." Was my reply "OK Eva where's your car?" "I don't have one I walked." which was true as a vampire I had some serious speed. "OK then, do you want a ride?" I know he was trying to be nice but a I was hungry. Not really but i used it as an excuse to get away "actually i'm a little hungry so I'm going home.Plus I don't even know your name." He totally skipped the name part and came up with the question that was as dangerous as me. "Well how about a midnight hunt?" Did I give myself away somehow? Had he watched me? "Ummm I don't know what you mean by hunt." "You know exactly what i meant by hunt."