Chapter 1

'Damn you, you idiotic vampires!' Kailee thought as one of them tackled her. Falling forward, somersaulting as she went, she landed flat on her stomach as the vampire dropped onto her. She flipped onto her back and kicked him off.

She snarled at him, and he scoffed and charged at her. Jumping, Kailee knocked the vampire back, ramming him into a tree, making his head spin. Kailee took this chance to rip his head off. She threw the head behind her and started to run again.

Apologies. You must be wondering what's going on and why mythical vampires are after her. Well, her name's Kailee Wolf, and ironically, she is a werewolf. The vampires want her dead so that they can take her Alpha power. Since her family was gone, she's the only one left.

She leapt over some logs and kept going, tripping here and there. She was still in human form. Kailee didn't like to shift because she needed to save that for emergencies. She could fight fine in human form, obviously.

Once she was sure no vampires were following her, she stopped and her back slid down the bark of a tree. Sitting against it tiredly, her eyes drifted shut.

__________________________

She shot up, noises assisting her ears quietly. Sniffing, the scent of another werewolf came drifting through her nose. A wolf came out of the trees alongside two more.

"Who are you, rogue?" One questioned her.

She felt the power radiating off him and knew that all of them were the Alpha, Beta, and the third in command.

She stood up, staring them all down determinedly. "I didn't know that I had crossed into pack territories. I was too caught up in my escape to realize. I do not wish to bring harm to your pack. I just stumbled here along my trip," she told them honestly.

The Alpha's expression revealed his uncertainty regarding her story. He pondered for a while before nodding and allowing her to pass through.

"Thank you, Alpha." She bowed in respect and left their territory that night.