Chapter 2- Discovery

Merlin POV

I have never been more afraid in my entire life.

On one hand, I do not want to get my hopes up about the likelihood of rescuing my kingdom, but then have them crushed if we lose. Even if we do win, I will have to reveal my true identity to Arthur and the rest of the knights and they may not believe or accept me.

On the other hand, is this really what I want? To accept my royal position again and declare war against the enemy. If I become Prince of Belthon again, it will make things extremely difficult to become Emrys and fulfill my destiny here in Camelot.

Arthur and I walk into the council chambers and all eyes evert to us. Gwaine, Leon, Percival, Elyan and a few others have been standing in the background, waiting patiently for us to arrive.

They nod respectfully to Arthur before he takes a seat on the throne. I follow him and stand behind him, attempting to hide my worry, but failing.

The knights of Belthon enter and Arthur stands to greet them.

"Ah, the knights of Belthon, what an honor it is to meet you."

"The honor is all ours my king. I am sure you know of our current predicament."

"Yes. And I understand completely. I shall send as many knights out as possible, including myself, to aid you in your quest to regain your kingdom."

"Thank you my King. The people will be most grateful."

Up until this point, I have been trying to avoid being discovered by these knights because I am not ready to reveal myself......yet.

"So, about this "lost prince". How long has he been missing? What can we do to help? We need information."Arthur asks. Really? That's the worst possible question to ask right now for my identity.

"Well... When we last saw him, he was 14. His name was..is Merlin." I visibly pale and Arthur turns around to look at me.

"He was the best swordsman in all of the surrounding kingdoms. He probably still is, if we knew where he was." Arthur suddenly laughs and faces the knights again.

"Well, it can't be this Merlin. He can't tell the difference between a sword and a toothpick. Him... A prince. No way."

"Prat." I mutter.

The rest of the Camelot knights start to laugh, which gives the Belthon knights a chance to take a look at me and I have no choice but to look at them too.

These knights are my previous friends. There is Ethan, Lance, Christian, and Tobias. There are three others(no servants) that I do not recognize. All three of them are big and strong, while my friends are smaller, more of spies than anything else. I know to take them seriously though. We were all young and still some of the best bunch of knights in the surrounding kingdoms before...

Each of the people I recognize, go pale, almost sheet white when they spot me. I frantically shake my head no, to not say anything and they oblige, wiping their faces of anything that would remotely indicate that they know me.

Eventually, everyone stops laughing and Arthur faces the knights, with a relatively straight face.

"I am sorry for the outburst. My knights and I have not heard of such a joke for a long while now. We needed the boosts. Merlin, the idiot, will show you to where you will be staying. Good day, sirs."

All of the knights in turn nod their heads to Arthur and I breathe a sigh of relief. They turn to leave and I take the lead. There will be a lot to catch up on between us.

----------Catching Up---------
Merlin POV

Before long, I find myself in an empty hallway with the Belthon Knights. I stop and turn slowly towards them, giving a cheeky grin. They look at me cautiously, as if afraid that I am not real.

"Miss me?" I ask, smirking. They stare back at me not quite believing their eyes. The other three bigger Knights haven't got a clue who I am and what is going on.

"S-sire?" Ethan starts. "Is it really you?"

"That it is Ethan. That it is." The knights gape at me in shock. My grin, if possible, grows wider. "So...how have things been? What of my brother, Rowan?"

The Knights look at me guiltily and I can see the sadness and pity that lurks in their eyes.

"Oh..." I trail off. Rowan. Dead. Balinor. Dead. Hunith. Dead. I am The only one left. The only one left to fill the Ambrosias line. The last heir to the throne. My eyes fill with tears and I look away, not willing for my men to see me like this. "At-at least he died honorably I trust."

They nod there heads vigorously, desperate for a change of conversation. Lance speaks up. "Yes, sire he did. He died in battle, when we helped you escape." After all this time I thought he was alive. I guess not.

"Well...the past is in the past. He died a true hero. That's all anyone could have wished for...c'mon. I will show you to your chambers. Don't want the prat to get suspicious."

They look at me questioningly. My smirk comes back. "That's what I call him. Gwaine calls him princess." They in turn smile at me.

We resume our walk to their temporary chambers. After a few minutes a silence, Christian speaks up. "Sire-"

"You know I don't like titles Christian."

"Sorry sir-Merlin. I hope you don't mind me asking but..."

"You can ask me anything. We are friends after all." They all nod to me.

"Well...it's just...I just happened to notice that you are working as a servant. King Arthur's servant by the looks of it. When? How?" I laugh.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you." He crosses his arms and gives me a "try me" look.

I sigh and proceed to tell him the story of how I saved the royal prats life by pulling him to the floor as a knife whizzed past where he had been standing. "...and then I was made his manservant. A fitting reward for saving his life am I right?" Their mouths drop open in shock and smile.

"Looks like there's a lot of catching up to do." I mutter.

--------------------------Authors note-------------------------
. So...thx for voting. I really appreciate it. I'm kinda lost on what I should do for the next chapter but I think it is going to be a mixture of Arthurs and Merlins POV.

If you like this story than please vote and comment. Also follow me if you want.

(P.S. I do not own any of the Merlin characters, places, etc.,...sadly...) 😄😄😄😄

I'll try to update in two days at the most. If not well...I already told you my reasons. *mystery face*. 😏😏😏😏😏😏