2 | Jumped To The End of His Life

EVERYTHING IS NOT okay at all.

            And the most ironic thing about Andrew Caldwell is that he became a nobody to a somebody. Sadly, not a thing was heard about Andrew before he had done his final signature on the deed, but now?

            To say he gained fame under a short amount of time is an understatement.

            The media was scattered everywhere around the school campus, and numerous of people, people that never even acknowledged Andrew's presence while he was well and alive, finally acknowledged him and had the guts to actually cry and be interviewed during this very glum day.

            "How are you holding?" Victoria approaches Rebecca, and hands over a warm cup of coffee from the vending machine. Rebecca hugs herself from the cold as she is in her coat. She tries to smile thankfully to Victoria, but it was all but a comforting one.

            "No thank you," Rebecca says.

            "But I insist," Victoria did not take no for an answer, and Rebecca, with her shaking and fragile fingers, slowly took the cup from her friend. Her eyes are swollen, and as she evidently did not get any sleep from the past few days, it only made her look worse. "Look, Rebecca, I—"

            "I wonder why they didn't cancel school at all," she suddenly says, "Someone committed damn suicide—"

            Victoria frowns as both of them looked around their surroundings. They were in front of the school where the skies were as sullen as the atmosphere was. "We held that ridiculous mass, which did not help at all. This school is traditional on its values, but I, as well, am starting to question its' authenticity."

            Rebecca chuckles humorlessly. She didn't have to say anything to see how absurd everything was. It's been going for days since Andrew's horrid death: where people pretend to be his long time 'friend' and try to be affected by everything.

            Victoria did not press on anything to Rebecca, nor did she press anything about Andrew...yet, probably. It was too soon, she thought.  It was too soon. She couldn't make herself ask her what she saw because it would be too gruesome for her as well, seeing him normal—with a pulse—right before he had jumped.

            Jumped to end his life.

            She shudders at the thought of the sight of the body bag. Andrew Caldwell's body bag. Nothing beats that except for the memory of seeing the concrete wall and grass with his blood.

            It has been three days since Andrew's....Victoria couldn't think about it further. She couldn't think about the last conversation she had online with a stranger. It's funny because she never even knew this person, but every time she would remember this, her heart would pound hard.

            Calm down. Everything is ok.

            It's not.

            And Victoria doesn't think it will be for a very long time, or at least for now.

            "This is sickening to see," Rebecca says.

            "What is?" Victoria ask back absentmindedly.

            "Everything." And right after that, she crushes her now-empty paper cup, and simply throws it on her feet. Rebecca starts to walk back into the school's academic grounds, or inside, and Victoria figures out that she wants to be alone.