2-

🔪
🔪
🔪

When we arrived at home after finally leaving the hospital, I couldn't help but notice this awkwardness whenever I was around my parents. Sometimes more often than not, I would catch them staring  at me. That's what they seem to be doing as of late, watching me. They're always watching me.

It's like they're walking on eggshells around me and I can't seem to place why.
At first I thought it was because they may think that I was fragile because of my amnesia, but then after awhile it started to get weird.

I started to get suspicious. Whenever I'd ask questions, they looked as if they dreaded it, as if whatever thing that I could possibly ask them would expose them at any second.

Something in me wanted to confront this. I can't tell you exactly what nor can I even explain it. But the other part of me, a stronger sense told me to play docile. Be obedient. Play the long game. I listened to that part.

They made me wait outside while they went in and got everything ready.

Once I had entered the house they wouldn't leave my side. Standing overbearingly behind me as I slowly made my way through the hall.

All fake and nervous smiles. It's almost as if, they're hiding something.
But why would my parents be hiding something from their own son?

The vague memories I have of them didn't seem all that bad.
This thought was further spun when they deterred me from going into a room.
"Ah, ah. Let's not go in there okay? Your room is this way."

I was about to question that because I had a distinct feeling that beyond this door was my room, but she placed her hand on my shoulder and pushed me onwards.

"Sorry. I just thought that it was." I smile. "My bad." "Haha, well it's this one."

I send one last glance at the door.

Something's not right here.

🔪

The room they said was mine seemed off. It wasn't anything special and it was a pretty fine room except, it lacked any sort of personality. The color scheme was plain and boring. Not to mention there was a coat of dust lingering and an stuffy smell that signals that no one has inhabited this room in a while.

You would think that with the clothes I arrived in the hospital in, I would have some taste of personality. But that contrasted with the one place you're supposed to find that. This bedroom.

I walked around and picked up some things. "Tch." I rubbed the dust off my fingers. "Wasn't I just gone for two weeks? Why is all this dust here?"

I opened the closet. There were no clothes hanging. Just boxes. I opened one. I found a few shirts. Did we just move here? No that didn't seem right. Then why are my clothes stashed away, did I do this?

I kept digging and found some awards and plaques. "Matthew Alister...Matthew? Who's Matthew?"

The name sounded familiar.

A memory flashes in my mind.

"Matthew!" A boy was sitting on the edge of a tub in a dark room. He turn around and smiled at me. "Hey, Mackie."